Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Gossip!

Good morning, lovelies! Wouldn't you know that I was all ready to finish work on my Shameful Classics week post but when I got home last night the Internet had gone down and my draft was saved online - thank you, cloud computing! I should have it up tonight, so stay tuned!

Time for some gossip!

* Top story today...
Milenge Milenge! I have a feeling it's not a great film but I hope it is at least as entertaining as Chupke Chupke - mildly entertaining.

Wait for the DVD seems to be the consensus.

Also, lots of references are made to both the dated look of the film (no duh) and the fact that Bebo is not size zero. The body policing in Bollywood these days is really frustrating...

* If you don't feel like a dated rom-com, head down South for
Madrasapattinam!

The director director discusses the film:

"Arya was one among the unit, even helping us in controlling the crowd sometimes. He has done a phenomenal job in his role as a wrestler. I knew my heroine was Amy Jackson ever since she won the Miss Teen award. Even when I was auditioning many, I always wanted Amy to play this character. She looks gorgeous for that character. I don’t want my actors to come prepared on the sets. I prefer training them myself. I did the same with Arya and Amy for Madrasapattinam. Arya is very smart between his ears and the fact that he is a quick learner helped me on the sets."

* (
Red Alert: The War Within is also looking good.)

*
Tere Bin Laden is not insensitive says director Abhishek Sharma.

* Is
Aisha 's fashion inspired by Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl?

*
I Hate Luv Storys a hit in multiplexes.

*
Golden Star Ganesh's wife is taking up film directing.

Sorry I don't have more for you today but I had some "help" typing and... well, you know how things go! Somebody thought they were more important than your daily gossip...



Meet little Neko-chan, my new kitten!

6 comments:

Anarchivist said...

Another Bollywood tabby -- yay!

Filmi Girl said...

@anarchivist My sister has her brother and the two of them are double trouble!! Two little balls of gray fluff terrorizing everything they can get their little paws on... :D

eliza bennet said...

You call your cat "cat"? :) How Breakfast in Tiffanys :)

Looking forward to read your shameful classics entry!

ajnabi said...

I kinda thought Aisha's clothes looked more like slightly-more-modern versions of Cher's clothes from Clueless. Especially the checks skirt suit.

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi I have a feeling Aisha is going to be exactly like Clueless but anchored by an actress considerably less talented than Alicia Silverstone... ;D

Simran said...

I just forgot everything that was written in today's post. All I can think of is how CUTE your kitty is! (:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl