Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Gossip!

Good morning, duckies! I'm off to New York City today, so updates may or may not be forthcoming depending on my schedule.

Okay! Let's hit the gossip!

* The verdict on
I Hate Luv Stories is in and the result is... mildly entertaining but not life-changing.

Can an entire movie rest on an elevated, eloquent, artfully tweezed eyebrow and a pink-lipped pout? When the aforesaid features belong to a boy? Well, if you're I Hate Luv Storys, produced by the pasha of packaging, Karan Johar, it can. Almost.

* Beth's new favorite actor
Manoj Bajpai talks Raajneeti.

How difficult or easy is it to stand out in a multi-starrer?

You don’t need to stand out — that’s the key. All you need to do is play in your space, which suits me fine. I get to meet many actors, whom I generally don’t meet apart from social occasions. It’s almost always party time!


* The Namitha
suicide rumors are just RUMORS. The lady is alive and well!

* Hijinx and hilarity on the
Khatta Meetha set.

* Arshad Warsi is doing a cameo on
Disney's Ishaan!

* Ekta Kapoor's
Twilight may not happen.

* I wonder how
Anusha Rizvi feels about Aamir Khan putting words in her mouth...

According to the buzz Peepli Live is about farmers’ suicide but Aamir calls the movie a satire. He clarifies, “It’s not about farmers’ suicide. The film is not judgmental. It’s about the urban and rural divide in India. I would say it’s more like Jane Bhi Do Yaro. The only difference is that it was farcical and Peepli Live is real. I read the story four years ago. I loved it. We’ve addressed an important issue in a humorous way.”

He was probably just as charmed by his
twitter double, who was causing trouble earlier. I highly recommend following @gaymir, if you are looking for a quality parody Aamir Khan to follow.

amit ji took my snap also...i asked him to take 500 more pics of me, then select the best one from it and then post it on twitter...best way

Oh, @gaymir, never change!

* Interesting article on the changing economics of
Indian movie theaters in the US.

* Read about
Endhiran's songs!

NEW TRAILER for
Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai!



Z.O.M.G. - this looks
amazing!



And the
We Are Family Trailer!

2 comments:

eliza bennet said...

I love OUATIM trailer. And Ajay looks so good. He is one of two who I like with the moustache (the other is Abhi of course). I have never seen Emraan in anything. He doesn't look bad here, well thank God at least it is not Vivek Oberoi (having a Company flashback here).

Gaymir is hillarious.

layla-aaron said...

I cannot wait to see OUATIM. It looks like it's going to be well worth viewing and viewing again. :) Bring on the Ajay viewing!!!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl