Thursday, July 15, 2010

Filmi Girl in Boston!

Greetings, gentle readers!

I will be in Boston this weekend - leaving tonight - so, I may or may not have time to post while I'm there. Also, I must leave for work early today, due to wanting to leave early tonight, so gossip will be bahut short today.

* Real Bollywood goes over the three unconventional releases of the weekend - Lamhaa, Udaan, and Tere Bin Laden. Just an FYI for American folks, it looks like we're getting Lamhaa and Madrasapattinam new this weekend - and a new Jimmy Shergill movie if you live in a Punjabi region.

* Maybe you are like me and enjoy reading interviews with scriptwriters more than actors.

Dibakar Banerjee talks writing!

"Writing in Bollywood is changing. I can say this because I am speaking from my personal experience. Let's say, Urmi, my co-writer on Oye Lucky... became the creative producer on LSD and she will be writing my next political drama. She will also be a producer on my future film which she and I are developing. When you see writers like Jaideep Sahni or Anjum Rajabali, who are on the top of their game since years. They have enough professional goodwill to dictate their terms on what they are doing. They are changing their style of writing too. Bollywood writing is entertainment style...not cinema style.

* I know a lot of people are looking forward to Aisha but when the USP seems to be the fashion only, I get kind of worried.

* The Peepli Live publicity team tries to patch over rumors of director Anusha Rizvi's unhappiness with the promotions.

"Aamir told her that he understood what she wanted, but asked her to trust his judgement. Anusha finally understood and accepted that her producer was doing what was best for the film. He then had a media event for Peepli with Anusha and Mehmood in Delhi."

And then I married Hard Kaur and flew off into a sky full of rainbows!

I'll believe it when I see some quotes from Anusha.

* Bebo's email was hacked!

You know my question - where is the dirt?! Surely somebody must have the e-mails...

I took Monday off from work to recover from my trip and I think I might try to make a showing of Madharasapattinam because people are raving about it!

2 comments:

redsarah said...

* The Peepli Live publicity team tries to patch over rumors of director Anusha Rizvi's unhappiness with the promotions.

"Aamir told her that he understood what she wanted, but asked her to trust his judgement. Anusha finally understood and accepted that her producer was doing what was best for the film. He then had a media event for Peepli with Anusha and Mehmood in Delhi."

On the other hand, if you don't have superstar actors to attract media attention, the director and producer arguing makes a good story AND lets you have a second launch! Or am I just the most cynical person ever?

never-evil said...

LOL a kiwi friend of mine is playing 4 English characters in Madharasapattinam. Something like British Officer #4 etc etc

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl