Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday Gossip!

Good morning, lovelies!

Are you ready to tackle the mid-week hump?! How about some razzle-dazzle to help you through it?

* This one is for my Chi Chi Week girls - Govinda talks
Raavan:

Ques: Who do you blame for the role being chopped?

Govinda: Why blame anyone for chopping my role? I didn't ask anybody before signing it. I have done 148 films till now and have understood that one shouldn't focus on such things. Do your work, get out and forget about the film. It's a kind of self-defense mechanism I have learnt and adopted over the years


And
Raavanan is screening in Sri Lanka again. Hopefully there will be no more arson attacks.

* Vikram has already gotten started on his
next film - a cop story called Vedi, which co-stars Ileana D'Souza.

* Mahir Ali writes the column
I was waiting for on Anupam's Dear Friend Hitler fiasco.

The movie depicts Hitler’s last days in his elaborate Berlin bunker and suggests that he was to the very end a thoroughly deluded human being. But a human being all the same. That clashes with the popular idea of him as a monster. There can, of course, be no doubt whatsoever that he was responsible for monstrous acts that have few parallels in modern history. But does the monumental cruelty he presided over automatically disqualify him from membership of the human race? If only.

* It looks like the gorgeous Zarine Khan is angling to
be the next Katrina Kaif by dating Salman Khan. I didn't see Veer - how was she? Anyone?

* This is the cutest story!! I didn't know it was Kunal Khemu's father who played Katrina Kaif's father in
Raajneeti!! Talking about meeting La Kaif dubbed by a professional in Khatta Meeta but she did offer to do her own voice.

"Since I enact the role of district collector, the spoken language had to be impeccable. It had to be perfect Hindi with no slang being used whatsoever."

I actually don't mind the Indian tradition of hiring voice actors to dub for actors on occasion. It's not quite the same as using playback singers but along those lines.

* I would take this rumor with a HUGE grain of salt but could
Kangana and Vidya Balan be doing Double Dhamaal? If they are, I will just die of glee.

Not to mention that Kangs is supposedly
writing her autobiography.

* Shahrukh Khan's autobiography in
2011? It's strange but I feel like we know SRK pretty well already as fans - unless he gets into the real dirt, I kind of don't see the point of this.

* Finally, Namitha remains
awesome. There was no point to the news article other than that - I'm assuming her PR team sent this in but I have no shame in reposting! Go, Team Namitha!

Meanwhile, the actress has won laurels for her best performance in the Kannada film ‘Hoo’ that features her along with Meera Jasmine in the female lead. Apart from these films, the actress has mounted more hopes on her upcoming Tamil film Chief Minister Karunanidhi’s ‘Ilaignyan’ starring Pa. Vijay and Ramya Nambeesan in lead roles.


Check out the latest SONG PROMO from
Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai!



OH MY GOD! This looks amazing!

12 comments:

eliza bennet said...

I really like Ajay in this. The man has presence but it is not overwhelming.

As for Kangana, she is not important to me as an actress. I don't mind her either. She looks nice.

Someone else's singing is OK but I think an actor should be able to say his/her own lines.

Simran said...

Veer was an alright movie. I thought Zarine was extremely annoying but maybe that's just because she was dubbed. But I can't really feel her becoming something big. Then again, that's just my opinion. :)

Simran said...

^ Oh and I completely agree with Eliza about the dialogue situation.

layla-aaron said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Ajay in this film!!! :)

honeycombveils said...

SRK writing an autobiography? What, doesn't he expect more to happen in the next 20 years?
I can understand the allure of the money and all that, but SRK is a huge star, he already has fame, money and power, there's nothing to worry about in terms of his name fading into oblivion and all that. I don't see the point.

Filmi Girl said...

@eliza @Simran Hee! It only bothers me if the person being dubbed has a distinctive voice. Or maybe I've seen enough SI movies not to care at this point.

@layla-aaron Me, TOOO! AJAY!

@honeycombveils I know - I'd almost rather he wait until ripe old retirement. :)

Louella said...

Ileana D'Cruz not Ileana D'Souza. You mixed Ileana with Genelia D'Souza. :)

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

mmm- but why are Kangana and SRK writing their autobios? One assumes they have more things to do in their lives, yet, and autos seem to me the last things in life one should do. Ah well- more $ to them. I wached Veer out of misplaced Sallu-love. The whole is a desecration to cinema. Stay away. The leading lady is exactly like Katrina, cant speak, kinda pretty.

Ness said...

that Chi CHi interview makes me sad :(

layla-aaron said...

@ filmi girl, we may not agree on certain other actors, but we are definitely in complete and total agreement on Ajay!!! :D

I'm eagerly awaiting to see if they bring Raajneeti here to the big screen, although I figure I'm going to have to wait for DVD. I wonder if Ajay is going to start being more appreciated now. *hopes, hopes*

Shell said...

That the first promo I've seen for Once Upon A time in Mumbai. Kangs looks absolutely gorgeous! I so love her. And Ajay, hmmm, bahut handsome hai!

As for Shah's bio - I doubt he'll actually get around to finishing it. I would like it if it was a work in progress. After all, we already have King of Bollywood by Anupama Chopra and Still Reading Khan by Mushtaq Shiekh, unless he's going to get into really personal stuff that they didn't cover. Who knows. I'll never turn down anything by Shah!

Christine Menefee said...

SRK is always saying he's writing a book. There must be several volumes by now :D so I don't see why he should wait to publish what he has so far. Okay, I'm fascinated enough by the man to be intrigued by anything he produces on his own; typically in interviews, etc., he's on automatic pilot and repeats himself constantly, but when I've seen him deliver more serious speeches at forums (via the Internet) he's been very worth hearing. I say, publish!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl