Just one more day of waiting until Twilight: Eclipse! I am so ready to get out there and support TEAM JACOB!
Okay! Let's hit the gossip!
* Please have a fabulous interview with Kareena Kapoor! I love to hear this woman talk...
"Cinema has transformed almost completely from Raj Kapoor’s time, but that was real cinema. There was no ‘alternative cinema’ in those days, there were just great stories — well-written and beautifully told. Right now, if we tell a good story it’s classified as parallel cinema, and if it has some songs and fun in it, it becomes commercial. I miss the cinema of Raj Kapoor, Vijay Anand and Guru Dutt, but I don’t know if the audience does."
* Poor Bebo is also having a tough time seeing the promos for Milenge Milenge everywhere. I feel you, girl! I certainly wouldn't want to see big posters of me with an ex flashed around everywhere. It makes me wonder (now) if maybe there was another reason that Mausam was shooting out of the country just at this time...
* Imran Khan was bitten by a crazed fan. No word on whether he tastes like chicken. Let's hope he's had his tetanus booster shot!
* Sonam Kapoor insists that she doesn't know Deepika, so there can be no question of not liking her. Why do I get the feeling that Imran and Sonam are the type to bond over their shared hatred of Deepika and Ranbir? I'm not saying that they did, just that if somebody told me that they did, I would believe it.
For example, Imran Khan bitches about Ranbir:
"There is space for everyone in the industry. It is not fair to compare one actor's success with another. You cannot compare me with Ranbir," said Imran.
The actor is often weighed against Ranbir, who belongs to the famous Kapoor family in Bollywood.
You just KNOW that he thinks that Ranbir should sometimes be compared with HIM.
* Salman Khan insisted on the shift to Sri Lanka for his Ready remake, ignoring - or not caring - that Asin is still making films in Tamil and this could cause problems for her.
* I don't know why but this Katrina Kaif-Salim Khan bonding moment warms my heart. Salim seems like a very genuine guy. If he's okay with Helen, then he's okay with me.
In the Vyjayanthimala book, she talks about how Helen was always such a class act and used to sit by herself and read in between takes... a woman after my own heart.
* Ekta Kapoor can breath a sign of relief the Bollywood Music Review Master Joginder Tuteja loved the Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai album.
Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai throws a surprise, a mighty pleasant one at that. There is no average song in the album as all range from good to very good. Also, there are definite chartbusters like "Pee Loon Hoto Ki Sargam", "I Am In Love" and "Baburao" (if the movie runs, there won't be any stopping this one).
* After a long delay John Abraham's Aashayein is going to be released. Directed by Nagesh Kukunoor, the film is about a gambling addict.
* Aishwarya is sad about the response to Raavan - I guess the fact that she was praised in Raavanan doesn't make a difference.
* Sanjay Dutt is a total male chauvinist but that shouldn't surprise anyone. He doesn't want his daughter to pursue acting because Dutt women don't act.
* The new Prabhas film has started shooting!!
When I saw this, I literally yelled "DAMN!" at my computer when Arshad does his little hand-stand move. DAMN, boy, that is some hot stuff!
And I'm loving the I Hate Luv Storys title track... I'm looking forward to this one!
"Aila Re Aila" from Khatta Meetha!! Classic Akki!