Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!!

It's Tuesday! Tuesday!

Just one more day of waiting until
Twilight: Eclipse! I am so ready to get out there and support TEAM JACOB!

Okay! Let's hit the gossip!

* Please have a
fabulous interview with Kareena Kapoor! I love to hear this woman talk...

"Cinema has transformed almost completely from Raj Kapoor’s time, but that was real cinema. There was no ‘alternative cinema’ in those days, there were just great stories — well-written and beautifully told. Right now, if we tell a good story it’s classified as parallel cinema, and if it has some songs and fun in it, it becomes commercial. I miss the cinema of Raj Kapoor, Vijay Anand and Guru Dutt, but I don’t know if the audience does."

* Poor Bebo is also having a tough time
seeing the promos for Milenge Milenge everywhere. I feel you, girl! I certainly wouldn't want to see big posters of me with an ex flashed around everywhere. It makes me wonder (now) if maybe there was another reason that Mausam was shooting out of the country just at this time...

* Imran Khan was
bitten by a crazed fan. No word on whether he tastes like chicken. Let's hope he's had his tetanus booster shot!

* Sonam Kapoor insists that she
doesn't know Deepika, so there can be no question of not liking her. Why do I get the feeling that Imran and Sonam are the type to bond over their shared hatred of Deepika and Ranbir? I'm not saying that they did, just that if somebody told me that they did, I would believe it.

For example, Imran Khan
bitches about Ranbir:

"There is space for everyone in the industry. It is not fair to compare one actor's success with another. You cannot compare me with Ranbir," said Imran.

The actor is often weighed against Ranbir, who belongs to the famous Kapoor family in Bollywood.


You just KNOW that he thinks that Ranbir should sometimes be compared with HIM.

* Salman Khan insisted on the shift to Sri Lanka for his
Ready remake, ignoring - or not caring - that Asin is still making films in Tamil and this could cause problems for her.

* I don't know why but this Katrina Kaif-Salim Khan bonding moment
warms my heart. Salim seems like a very genuine guy. If he's okay with Helen, then he's okay with me.

In the Vyjayanthimala book, she talks about how Helen was always such a class act and used to sit by herself and read in between takes... a woman after my own heart.

* Ekta Kapoor can breath a sign of relief the Bollywood Music Review Master Joginder Tuteja
loved the Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai album.

Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai throws a surprise, a mighty pleasant one at that. There is no average song in the album as all range from good to very good. Also, there are definite chartbusters like "Pee Loon Hoto Ki Sargam", "I Am In Love" and "Baburao" (if the movie runs, there won't be any stopping this one).

* After a long delay John Abraham's
Aashayein is going to be released. Directed by Nagesh Kukunoor, the film is about a gambling addict.

* Aishwarya is sad about the response to
Raavan - I guess the fact that she was praised in Raavanan doesn't make a difference.

* Sanjay Dutt is a
total male chauvinist but that shouldn't surprise anyone. He doesn't want his daughter to pursue acting because Dutt women don't act.

*
The new Prabhas film has started shooting!!

Video time!!



When I saw this, I literally yelled "DAMN!" at my computer when Arshad does his little hand-stand move. DAMN, boy, that is some hot stuff!



And I'm loving the
I Hate Luv Storys title track... I'm looking forward to this one!




"Aila Re Aila" from Khatta Meetha!! Classic Akki!

5 comments:

martoufmarty said...

He doesn't want his daughter to pursue acting because Dutt women don't act.

... WHAT.

I'm sure Nargis is rolling in her grave about now...

Nadia_Rahman said...

The bit about Nargis giving up acting after marriage is false false false! Nargis got a National Award in 1967 for her role in Raat Aur Din. She acted in the movie after she had all three kids.

Nargis was not a meek woman, she always did what she wanted to do. If anything I can imagine her laying down the law for Sunil Dutt. It's sad to see Sanjay tarnishing the image of his mother who will forever be known as one of the strongest, most opinionated actresses in India.

eliza bennet said...

I totally agree with you regarding Imran to Ranbir vibe. But when I watched JTYJN and Sawariya I decided that despite not liking him then, Ranbir has the talent but Imran not so much. I could easily see Ranbir in JTYJN but Imran in Sawariya? Nope.

Sanjay Dutt is someone I only like as Munnabhai. He is not a good actor. He has screen presence but that is not enough for me in his case.

I haven't read the article but I think it is understandable that Aish is sad over Raavan reactions, especially the ones concerning Abhi.

But I think the reason she stays away from appereances is that because she is pregnant (yeah this is just something I feel, so there is not evidence of that)

Michael Barnum said...

Vyjayanthimala has a book out? Why did I not know! I must get it.

Filmi Girl said...

@matfoumarty @nada_rahman I agree!! Sanjay Dutt shouldn't speak of his mother like that - and if his daughter wants to act, why stop her? If it's good enough for Shotgun's daughter, Anil's daughter, Govinda's daughter, why not his?

@eliza Hee!! Maybe that is why Aishwarya is doing so many films now... hmm....

@michael Yes! It's called "Bonded: A Memoir" and should be available at a huge cost from South Asian book importers. It is soooooooo gossipy!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl