Let's do it, to it!
* Top story today is that Malaysian women have been officially warned about having one-night stands with foreign workers who look like Bollywood stars.
"There are cases of local girls having rendezvous with foreigners whom they had just met because they looked like Hindi (movie) 'heroes'," the Star Online quoted Ashaari as saying.
"We are concerned over the welfare of our girls who could get pregnant and be abandoned when the foreign workers return to their countries," he said.
He also said that local girls interviewed by his officers revealed that they were infatuated with Bangladeshis due to their romantic and suave ways, apart from their good looks.
Ashaari warned the women against the foreign workers, who he describes as "Bollywood Romeos", and said they should consider the consequences of their intimate relationship with them.
I don't know why but that story cheered me up immensely! I like the idea of all these suave Bangaldeshis swooping in and romancing the local village belles!
* A new book based on Indian journalist Sangeeta Wadhwani's experiences with the stars is coming out!
He calls back to talk about Gauri Khan’s butt Based on a real experience Wadhwani has Tamana ring up SRK to ask for a comment on his fabled love story with Gauri Khan. She leaves a message on his voicemail, and is shocked when he actually calls her back to tell her that he had liked Gauri’s butt and still remembers what she wore that day. He goes on to tell her how they broke up when he got too possessive, that her family who was initially against the marriage and on and on.
* Is everybody ready for Vikram-o-rama?! Just wait until my DVDs get here... until then, read an interview with the man himself!
Q Why did you take such a long time to do a Hindi film?
I’m very comfortable there (Chennai). I do one film in a year or sometimes in two years. Also anything I earn over one lakh is a luxury for me. The only thing I came here for is the reach Bollywood films have. I get recognised in Singapore, Bangkok and London but not when I go to America or Mumbai.
* Who wants a Kay Kay Menon-Rajpal Yadav comedy directed by the guy who wrote Partner?! (I kind of do... is that wrong?)
* Perhaps to prove a point, Salman Khan is going to shoot Ready in Sri Lanka - and the Tamil film community is ready to boycott.
* Is John Abraham playing a villain in Race 2
* Shahid Kapoor has been injured on the sets of Mausam.
* Prakash Jha's first choice for the star of Draupadi is Angelina Jolie. I think he should pick Kat, who tried and tried to find a way to get to the Raajneeti party but won't be able to make it.
* Do you know who else I love? Ekta Kapoor! She called up her crew shooting a song for Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai and told them to stop because she hated the song. Then she called Pritam and told him to make the song racier.
Ekta Kapoor is pretty much my hero.
* Sonam's daddy's friend Subhash Ghai comes to the rescue and buys the rights for I Hate Luv Storys!
* Bips fights criticism of her work out DVD.
"Whenever you do something new, there will be detractors. My video was foolproof, including the camera angles to show the postures correctly. The video copies have sold like hot cakes. So, if someone has decided to badmouth it without even trying the exercises, it’s his or her problem, not mine."
Has anybody tried it?! I'm so curious!
* Ali Zafar wants to be Mr. India!
* The Times of India runs down some of the silly publicity requests they get:
Other common topics peddled by PR agents are about their celebrities and the causes they are involved in; how their actors are being offered a vulgar remuneration or how their client sat 10 rows away from a Hollywood star in some auditorium.
* Shiney Ahuja, who is allowed in Mumbai until the end of June is a pariah on the sets of his film. And his co-star's mother has insisted on coming to set with her daughter every day.
* Hollywood has made a film on the Bhopal Gas Tragedy.
It stars Martin Sheen and Kal Penn.
"Sajde" song promo from Khatta Meetha!! OMG! I can't wait for this movie!
(Sorry about the auto-play but y'all know that stupid Eros Entertainment blocks embedding from youtube...)