Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday Gossip Post! (Afternoon Edition!)

So, lovely people! I will be without Internet at home until 6/9 so until then I will be updating in the evenings after work at my new favorite haunt... Peregrine in DC! They of the cute waitresses, ginger iced tea, and (most importantly) free Internet!

Here we go...!

* IIFA is making headlines but probably not in the way they would like. Southern stars are boycotting in solidarity to the Sri Lankan Tamils and they are also threatening to boycott the Bollywood stars who
are attending. Although Vivek Oberoi will be there - along with some minor starlets - the big names have yet to confirm. (Not that I don't love Vivek, but he doesn't have the drawing power of the Bachchans or Shahrukh.)

* In other international news, Salim-Sulaiman are performing at the opening of the WORLD CUP! (And confidential to M., they are the composers who did the background score for
Kites.) Word on the street is that they are doing "Shukran Allah" and a specially written African-influenced song, the video for which will feature... BEBO!

Bebo's
Heroine will start filming in December and I cannot wait! Apparently, Madhur Bhandarkar compiled a big show reel of footage of TRAGIC HEROINES for her to watch.

The glamour girl might also have a chance to play opposite Aamir Khan in
Mani Ratnam's revived partition film!

* And what of her erstwhile formerly fashionable paramour? He's debating on
Priyanka or Katrina for Kunal Kohli's new film. I almost don't know which one I would prefer - if it's Piggy Chops, I can safely avoid it but with Kat... I'll have to go see!

But hold onto your hair
plugs for now because Agent Vinod has begun filming.

* The divine Miss K is doing her own thing
admitting that she hates workouts and giving hilarious interviews about her love life!

Are you the type that celebrates everything about a relationship, first date, first kiss and stuff like that?

I am very un-girly that way. It’s probably out of habit or maybe now it’s become a habit. I don’t like candlelight dinners, you don’t need to bring me roses, I don’t like holding hands and doing romantic things.


Note to self: Do not try to hold Kat's hand if you ever meet her.

*
Ajay Devgn is going from one Filmi Girl favorite to another - he's working with Jiah Khan!

(ETA: Jiah just told me that this rumor is false! Too bad! I'll keep my fingers crossed for another film with the two of them.)

* Another of Katrina's
Rajneeti co-stars is the subject of a nice profile. Now that Arjun has come into his own as an actor, I hope we see more of him!

* Salman Khan seems set to work with
Farah Khan on a future film - possibly a sequel to Om Shanti Om - and Shahrukh is allegedly jealous.

* Shahrukh will have to content himself with his off-screen
jodi with Karan Johar, who is helping out on Ra.1.

* Will Sridevi's daughter be making her debut with
Ram Charan Teja?! Boney says no but let's continue to speculate!!!

* Have a novelty story about Bollywood in
Sweden!

* And a round-up of the cinema trends in
Nepal!

* Finally, a
mystery person is tipping off the paps to celebrity parties, leading to hilarious picture spreads, much to everyone's chagrin.

Suspects? Who wants the attention?

Is it wrong that I got a little misty-eyed at this song promo for
Milenge Milenge?



The trailer for the film is
here.

3 comments:

ajnabi said...

Shahid looks like such a baby in that promo! If they had to do pick-ups--which they did, right?--it's going to be SO OBVIOUS. It makes me a little sad, too. :-/

Sonia said...

Thanks for the post!

I've also seen the promo of Milenge Milenge. It feels so strange now seeing them together. And agree with you that they look really different!

BTW, the OSO Sequel gossip is not happening....... At least that's what I heard on the BBC show, quoting Farah Khan herself.

ajnabi said...

Okay, I just read the Swedish story, and I have to say, it is too sweet. Poor guy, he's had it really rough.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl