Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Gossip - Evening Edition!

Just a few more days to go until I have Internet! Thank you for putting up with my scattered posts for the last couple of weeks!

So, let's just dive right in!

Top story today... Dia Mirza
loves my look! Thanks to Sita-ji for the tip!

* Also in top news is the fact that the Anupam Kher Hitler film has really captured the fancy of the Western press who seem to be imagining it as some sort of
Springtime for Hitler extravaganza. To be fair, it is odd to be confronted with an alternate interpretation of a historical figure that we are so used to seeing only as a horrific monster but considering it's an art house film with Anupam Kher, I trust him to pick something worthwhile. Now if he had playing Hitler in a film by David Dhawan, I would worry...

Anupam Kher
discusses the film.

* Another big story is that the Mumbai high court has ordered that
single screen theaters must have at least 44 showings of Marathi films a year. Cinema owners are up in arms saying that most Marathi films run to empty houses.

* I have a feeling that most people would rather speculate on why
Aamir Khan didn't embrace Shahrukh Khan in London!! Like, OMG! Not all actors have to be best friends, over-eager gossip press...

* Akshay Kumar is working with
A.R. Murugadoss! And Asin may be the heroine for the film!! See what I miss when I go offline...!

Also,
Action Replayy is going to clash with Golmaal 3 - looks like I'll be living in the theater that weekend.

*
I Hate Luv Storys still hasn't been sold for distribution.

* Bollywood heroines now want to
run and jump! Just like Aishwarya in Raavan!

* Along those lines, Bebo is tired of her
size zero look. Possibly because one can't run and jump on an empty stomach.

* And Lolo was spotted running to take care of
Daddy dearest, who hasn't been well. I feel like Randhir hasn't been well for years.

* I can only hope that Renzil D'Silva was invited as a cautionary speaker for this panel on
what makes films successful.

* I haven't really reported on
Mrs Singh Mr Mehta because I was completely uninterested in it. Apparently, the filmmakers realized that was the case with most of the potential audience and have goosed up publicity with a nude scene from Aruna Shields that has now officially passed the censors.

* Sharmila Tagore wasn't so kind to the makers of
Lamhaa - their trailer didn't make the cut.

* Lara Dutta feels that she is
too classy for Charlies Angels. Right. I can taste those sour grapes from here!

* Suniel Shetty talks
Red Alert: The War Within. Although the film hasn't been released yet, he has already been praised for his performance!

* Read about the rise of
Mani Ratnam's career!

He says that he will
do a Telugu film.

The good director also says that he continues to
feel the need to get things perfect. And that is why we love him!

* Chi Chi is in trouble for attending
IIFA.

* Anurag Kashyap has signed
Manoj Bajpai for his upcoming film Gangs of Wasseypur.

* Any Bollywood actresses trying to go regional will now have to join the
South Indian Artistes Association.

*
Rock Star might just fall through for Ranbir Kapoor.

* Mumaith is playing the
heroine for Love.Com and I can't wait!!

EVENT ALERTS!

Shreya Ghoshal is touring the
US and Canda again this year.

There is also the INSPIRATION 2010 world tour featuring Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. If I find a website or ticketing information I will post it!

4 comments:

ajnabi said...

You wore the look better. :-) I think a Telugu Mani Ratnam film would be really cool.

Christine Menefee said...

I agree with Ajnabi - Dia looks nice enough but she's just another pretty girl. You were WEARING that dress and looked scrumptious!

Re My Dear Friend Hitler - it does sound like an interesting project, though I can't imagine how they'll pull it off. Hope Anupam Kher also sees a great documentary about what it was like to be there at the end in the bunker - Blind Spot: Hitler's Secretary.

Kiran said...

Akshay kumar with Murugadoss sounds fabulous. He should have done this a loong time ago.

@ajnabi: Mani Rathnam made a Telugu film with Nagarjuna called "Geethanjali"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shcjiqCk47k

ajnabi said...

Oh my goodness, Kiran, I had no idea Geethanjali was a Mani Rathnam film! Thanks for the info... I've seen the movie referenced SO many times and actually have the DVD saved in my rental queue.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl