Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday Gossip - Evening Edition!

I have to apologize, my dear blog friends, for skipping my post yesterday! As it turns out, the person who was supposed to turn on our Internet on Wednesday night never showed up! And there I was with my laptop ready to serve you up something good!

Alas, we re-scheduled our appointment for the 19th, so I have another week of scrounging Internet at the local coffee shop.

So... where does that leave us?! Moving on to THE GOSSIP!

* I know I said I would leave it but I just can't quit
Raajneeti.

Prakash Jha keeps on
talking about it!

“Even in Bihar, collections on Monday were better than those over the weekend. I knew what I was doing and given that the characters were based on tried and tested ones from the Mahabharata, I was confident that the film would be liked. But even I had not expected it to be accepted in such a big way,” he exults.

* Here's a shocker - beauty contests promote unhealthy behavior. Sushmita Sen's "I Am She" is in
trouble with the police for just that...

Pati weighed 53 kilos when she came to join the pageant on April 24 but lost her weight to 45 kilos. She even alleged that the organisers did not allow her to meet her parents during the entire grooming process and also discriminated against her.

"The diet prescribed by the dietician was horrible," Pati alleged in her FIR, according to The Hindustan Times.

"I suffered from weakness and was hospitalised. However, the promoters did not let me speak to my family members. It was not allowed during the grooming session. I was feeling miserable,” Ipsita Pati added.


* A Sandalwood actress has been caught in a
kissing scandal!

Director Ratnaja allegedly got actress Amulya to kiss him by promising her roles in his next two films; liplock pic reportedly made public by blackmailers who couldn't extort Rs 1 crore from him.

I can't make this stuff up! And somehow I doubt that kissing was all the lovely Amulya did...

* Imtiaz Ali now
denies casting the model Nargis Fakhri as the female lead in Rock Star. I'm sure we can thank Nargis's PR people for that one!

* Aamir Khan is looking for
foreign distributers for his latest films. I hope he gets it - I'd love to see some of these in the cushy art house theater.

* Shahrukh + Anurag Basu? It's going to
happen!

*
Trisha is doing Maxim! I'll try to keep an eye out for those pictures!

*
Mithun-da is playing a junior artist in a new film!

*
I Hate Luv Storys has become the Katy Perry of my little Bollywood life - even as I find it catchy, I can't quite shake my dislike. Enjoy this interview with Imran Khan and see if you can't pinpoint what I'm disliking...

Bollywood Sucks?

(Laughs) Good one. The t-shirt I wear 'Bollywood Sucks' was supposed to be used as a merchandise to promote I Hate Luv Storys. We haven't yet zeroed in on that thought. But it was me who gave this idea to Punit to use it to promote the film.


* Something I have no reservations about is Vidya Balan as
Silk Smitha.

But can you see yourself playing a character who is known for her bold performances and referred to as a sex-bomb?

Why not? I don't have any limitations or draw the lines when it comes to roles. If a director has the faith that I can play a part it inspires confidence in me. It is very gratifying for me as an actor that I am considered for both simple and sexy kind of roles.


* I feel like I have to say this all the time but having a similar story does not make for a copy - rumors are flying again that
Guzarish is based on The Prestige.

* VIKRAMMM! He talks about
Raavanan!

How challenging was it switching roles between playing the good guy Dev in the Hindi version and the bad guy Veera in the Tamil version?

It was very difficult as we shot both the films simultaneously. So I had to constantly change my look, get-up, body language, voice tone switching between Dev and Veera. There were times when there were minor glitches as I got confused between playing these two diametrically opposite characters but I think I have managed to pull it off.


* The director of
Udaan chopped off Anurag Kashyap's song during editing.

* And I'm breaking twitter article silence to report on this
adorable piece from Asha on Kishore!

"Imagine Kishore da sitting alone in a cold dark room with a blanket watching horror films. His favourite pastime. He loved 'bhoot' films," Asha posted on her Twitter page.

SO SWEET!

And here is the only picture from IIFA worth posting... Lara Dutta's wardrobe malfunction!

3 comments:

Tady Rox! said...

Ha ha!!! I love the expression on Lara's face...it's like she's saying ...yeah! that's my boob popping out ...and what?!

eliza bennet said...

I though Guzarish was similar to Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

And I completely agree on having a similar story is not copying. Ghajini(s) may have a similar story but they were completely different than Memento.


Prestige was not a bad film actually but for once, I have seen the twist very very early in the film and it sort of ruined me (and now it is becoming quite a

habit:( ).

Filmi Girl said...

@Tady Isn't that funny?! :D

@eliza Guzarish might be similar to some stories but I think SLB will make it unique. :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl