Thunderstorms have chased me from my usual haunt in Eastern Market to the relatively sterile enivrons of the local Barnes & Noble. Ah, well... at least I'll have easy access to my favorite trashy tabloid magazines.
Let's hit it!
(I'm going to tackle IIFA in a separate post so we'll do the lighter stuff first.)
* Dimple Kapadia is playing a psychic! I'm happy as long as Dimple is acting but playing a psychic should be a good role... I loved Juhi Chawla as one in Kismat Konnection!
* Another lady I'm happy to see acting is Aishwarya Rai! Read an interview with her!
How tough was it to shoot each scene a second time over for the Tamil version and dub the lines in Tamil?
Mani has made me confident of my ability to speak Tamil. Now when I go to the Robot shoot, I say, ‘Bring it on'. On the first two days of the Raavan shoot, I got the scene the night before so I thought I would write the lines myself for the phonetics. Also, I wanted to know the meaning of what I was speaking. But after the first two days, there were last minute changes and he started giving me the scene on the sets. He would quip, ‘Direct tava se'. I would do an entire scene in Hindi and then it would be ‘Quick, shoot for the Tamil version, the light is going'. I felt like I was giving my final exams every day.
Sadly, those of you in Karnataka may not get to see Raavan for the usual reasons.
* The other Raavan - Ra.1 is going to be intense. Check out the photos of filming at the link!
* Prakash Jha is gearing up for Rajneeti, which has been getting pretty good reviews so far. Read a two part interview!
"I don't think the politicians are going to take any lessons from Raajneeti. They won't. They don't like to be talked about. But one thing is sure. They will enjoy the entertainment quotient of Raajneeti."
And one thing is for sure, Prakash Jha liked Katrina Kaif enough to cast her in Aarakshan opposite Ajay Devgn! The film also stars the Big B.
* Kabir Khan's next is a love story! Potentially with Katrina Kaif!
* Golden Star Ganesh has got the Aloo Chaat beauty Aamana Sharif for his second home production.
Aamna says she chose a Kannada film for her southern launch pad, as opposed to a Tamil or Telugu film, because “a good production house matters, as well as a good script and a talented star. I’m glad to start working in the south with the best people.”
And let me be the first to say that Golden Star Ganesh is a HUGE step up from Aftab Shivdasani. (Golden Star!!!)
* Speaking of huge steps up... Imran Khan is going to be paired with Bebo! Yay! But don't get too excited because the film is a rumored remake of What Happened in Vegas - the awful Cameron Diaz/Ashton Kutcher vehicle that everyone was hoping would stay buried in the dollar bin at Target. What is the deal with all these remakes?! For shame, Bollywood! At least have the decency to properly Bollywoodize them - like Partner.
* Other things I am tired of is stories about celebrities on Twitter. Dudes, if I wanted to follow Priyanka's tweets, I would follow Priyanka's tweets. The article talks Twitter outsourcing, which we all know happens to an extent with celebrity Twitterers.
Although this quote is pretty funny:
"In other cases, I wish some stars did outsource their Twitter accounts. It's obvious that any 8-year old can spell better than Shahid Kapoor. He should outsource. The same applies to some advertising honchos as well," added Murthy.
* Read about Kashmiri rock music!
Hearing references to Kashmiri Mughal gardens transposed over rock music is at first jarring and confusing, especially for a listener who recognizes the references. But this is the way that the brothers, simply by bringing their own experience to their songs, are forging an identity for a traditionally underrepresented group of people who would otherwise only find those nods in Bollywood songs.
* Milenge Milenge is finally done! New advertisements start in July!!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl