Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Gossip!

Good mornings, everyone! Let's see what gossip I've shook loose from the Internet this fine morning...

* Top story today.... Everybody is jumping on the
Imran- Ranbir feud bandwagon. Is it true? Possibly. Imran's fiancee was overheard bashing Raajneeti in the theaters. That certainly wouldn't endear him to me if it had been my film.

The young RK is rumored to have signed another film with
Wake Up Sid director Ayan Mukherji.

* Aishwarya Rai talks
Raavan - and she hasn't even seen Raavanan yet?! Girl, get yourself to the theater ASAP!

Was the scale of your emotions higher in Tamil?

I haven’t seen the Tamil film. No time! The nuances alter from one language to the same. But the emotions were the same. Some of the lines were changed to show a difference in culture. What would seem theatrical in Hindi is natural in Tamil. But I didn’t consciously move into a different zone in the two languages.


* There will be both action and romance in the Salman-Asin starrer
Ready. Wow! What a new and exciting concept! Combine romance, action, and comedy into one film... oh, wait - isn't that the tried and true masala format from every movie made before? *face-palm*

* On a more serious note, Salman Khan proved himself a good friend yet again and sent
Paresh Rawal home to India when they learned Paresh's mother had passed away.

* John Abraham has been told to stop working out before he does himself
an injury. Well, now you have an excuse to sit around and watch the World Cup!

* I kind of can't wait for
Dunno Y... Na Jaane Kyun and not just because HELEN is making a comeback - there will be a 90 second kiss!

When asked what it felt like to kiss a man and that too, for so long, Kapil says, “Well, it was different. I got cold feet just before the shot and even tried to fake it with camera angles. But the direcor, Sanjay Sharma, told me it was not working and I had to make it look real. Then I gave it my best shot.”

* Okay, if you were making a challenging love story about the "gritty streets" of Mumbai, would you cast
Neil Nitin Mukesh and Deepika Padukone? I'm not hating - just stating that their talents might be better suited to a NRI rom-com set in Sydney or something.

* My Akshay Kumar is going to be lampooned in
I Hate Luv Storys by Aamir Ali, who captains the Boys Team on Zara Nachke Dikha.

* Why does
this story sound so suspicious?! An "unknown" person is calling models and asking them to model bras for Arjun Rampal's company?

* Another casting scandal
starring a fake Kamal Haasan has also just come to light.

* And speaking of sketchy, Madhur Bhandakar is soooooooo creepy. He's looking for an
18-year old actress who looks 18.

“The girl has to look 18. There is no actress in the industry who is only 18 years old. The moment I find one, I will cast her,” says Madhur, adding, “Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji is a story of three guys. I have been known for making hard-hitting, real and controversial films. I needed a break out from those, so I decided to do something with comedy. I am looking for two more girls to star in the film. Their names will be announced in due course. We are planning to start shooting soon.”

Why do I sense that the audition for those roles requires some time spent on Madhur's couch?

* Maybe Madhur needs to start writing some mothers into his scripts instead of 18-year old girls. The
Times of India tackles the Case of the Missing Maa.

Screenwriter Amole Gupte, who wrote Taare Zameen Par, feels the screen mother is on a sabbatical of sorts. “It’s said that we are what we eat,” says Gupte. “Just like we binge mindlessly, we also serve up scripts similarly. Our comedies and action thrillers have no place for the strong maa character.”

* My girls Katrina Kaif and Kalki Koechlin were out filming on a
topless beach for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. You have no idea how much I want to be the third in that little group of friends. We would have the best time, girls!! They could call us the Three K's - like the Three Khans!

Miss Kitty Kat is also eyeing
Yash Raj Studios... that could be very interesting. Who would they get opposite her for a fluffy romance? How tall is Prateik Babbar? I would kind of like to see his crabby character from Jaane Tu meet Jazz from Namastey London!

* Saif Ali Khan's new look is allegedly inspired by
Matt Damon. This is important - has anyone ever seen Matt Damon in a bandana?!

* Sonam Kapoor figures out the
numbers game of Bollywood.

"I think films don’t fail, budgets fail. For example Saawariya broke even, but it was neither a hit nor a flop. Had it been made in say Rs.15 crore or less, it would have been a hit. So I thought let me try doing films of lesser budget."

*
New York magazine tackles model suicides in the wake of Viveka Babajee's death - an apparent suicide. The article talks about the pressures of the industry but I wonder, too, if chronic malnutrition exacerbates the depression models might already be facing. While some people are genuinely that thin, most models resort to diets of varying severity to stay catwalk ready.

* Finally, here is the least helpful ever article about
stars on Twitter. The stars, in this case, are South Indian and the article neglects to mention ANY OF THEIR SCREENNAMES!

How am I supposed to follow Ramya if you don't give me her name?!

Okay, here is their list and here are the screennames:

Siddarth @Actor_Siddharth
Madhavan @ActorMadhavan
Ramya @divyaspandana
Trisha @trishatrashers
Nagarjuna @iamnagarjuna

Is there anybody else you would list?!


And because I can... VIKRAM meeting some contest winners!! These are the cutest pictures EVER!



You know he's thinking, "I'm just a humble guy - I'm so overwhelmed that all these people want to meet me..."



AWWWW! SO SWEET!





We love you, Vikram!

5 comments:

Never Mind said...

NTR Jr: @tarak9999
Richa Gangopadhyay: @richyricha
Mahesh babu: @urstrulymahesh
Rana daggubati: @ranadaggubati

ajnabi said...

1. When Sonam says, "I thought," she means, "my dad Superstar Anil Kapoor (Maybe-You've-Heard-Of-Him) thought."

2. That wreath on Vikram is uncomfortably reminiscent of a birth canal.

Kiran said...

Here are a couple more telugu actors:

Sumanth(Godavari fame): @Isumanth
Ram (Hero of Telugu Ready): @ramsayz
Priya Anand(Leader fame): @PriyaWajAnand
Swathi (Ashta Chemma): @Swati194
Samantha(Yemi maya chesave): @samanthaprabu
Ileana D'Cruz(Pokiri): @Ileana_Dcruz
Rajamouli (director of Magadheera): @ssrajamouli
Allari Naresh(Gamyam): @allarinaresh

Michael Barnum said...

Thanks for the tweet lists. I have barely even begun to check out Twitter, but I now have added Madhavan and Siddarth to the only other one I am following, which is Rahul Khanna.

I wonder if Prabhas has one?

Ness said...

I can count on you Filmi Girl, to bring me my daily dose of Vikram. Now even my flatmate is on the Vikram train! WOOOOT!

Also: oh, Sallu! I love him for being so kind to Paresh Rawal. Today's gossip warmed my heart.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl