Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday Gossip! Updating from home edition!

Hello, world! I finally have Internet at home!

Let's celebrate with some Bollywood gossip!

First of all, I loved
Raavanan and can't wait for the DVD so I can watch it again and again! I feel sorry for the people who had to see the Junior B play the role because there is no way he could have topped the Vikram tour-de-force we were treated to. But don't just take my word for it!

(Aishwarya fans take note that we still have
Endhiran on the way!)

* Also, this just in - The Times of India is baffled by
fangirls.

Shahid Kapoor, who is very popular with girls (he has over 2.5 lac followers), has a different situation in his digital kingdom. Apparently, so possessive are his fans that, on the rare occasion that Shahid replies to a particular fan, other fans get rabid with rage and start bad mouthing the person he has replied to! They also get angry with him for replying to that fan and not them!

I hate to break it to you, TOI, but that is pretty standard fangirl behavior.

* Somebody else is baffled by fangirl behavior - Sonu Niigaam has been
forced to explain his ponytail look.

"One day you all will know that whatever I do with my hair, is to wake up people from a slumber. You guys pay too much attention to swim suits, fashion, hairstyles, exterior stuff, etc,” Niigaam posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.

* A note to crazy Ranbir fangirls... he
likes coffee and green tea.

* Vikram speaks diplomatically about
Hindi films.

Which are the Hindi actors that you admire?

Besides Aamir Khan, I admire Mr Bachchan, because he is one actor who even at this age is keeping in reinventing himself. I want to be like Mr Bachchan. Though I admired his performance in films like
Paa, Cheeni Kum etc, I did not go to attend IFFA, of which he is the ambassador, because besides the fact that I do not gain anything by going to IFFA, I did not just feel like going.


* Minissha Lamaba gets her
implants removed... because big boobs do not guarantee success.

*
Amitabh Bachchan is starring in a short film on the history of Indian Cinema.

* Is Lollywood on it's
last reel?

Lollywood once produced several hundred movies a year. Each year now sees a handful of low-budget films. Production costs have been slashed by up to 90% in recent years, according to Mohan Bhatt, manager at Evernew Studios in Lahore, once the country’s most successful production house. Bhatt says both government and private funding is scarce.

And that's all for me today!

Catch you lovely folks tomorrow!

1 comment:

Tady Rox! said...

really??...i got nothing extraordinary from Vikram's performance in Raavan...Abhi was brilliant...but maybe i'll have to check out his version to really understand what u mean...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl