Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Gossip - Morning Edition!

Good mornings, all! It's another sunny summer day here in Washington, DC and everybody is out mowing their lawns.... A*choo! Does everybody have World Cup fever? It's been hard to follow the games with no a) cable or b) Internet but I'm doing my best.

Other things in my little Internet-free life include John Waters's new book Role Models, which is excellent, and a trip to see Get Him To the Greek, which was surprisingly touching. I may have something to write on it... I'm not sure yet.

Thirdly, this is my jam right here:



Oh, Usher... her booty is, indeed, like "pow pow pow." Somebody in Bollywood please call him up and snag him for an item song.

So... let's hit the Bollywood gossip!

* The man we all love... VIKRAM!!! (Who did you think?!)
discusses Raavan/an!

“Mani Ratnam made it happen, but I’ve also allowed myself a pat on the back,” he laughs. “I always knew I’d nail the Tamil role, the Hindi one being an unknown quantity. But I think I also had the arrogance for it. So, I worked to a gameplan,” he says, about taking on this double act with a difference.

Just so we keep things in perspective - the Hindi version will be released on
3000 screens and the Tamil version on 550. I'm still hoping to see both but I won't be sure they're both playing here until midweek.

* It's been really interesting following the run of
Peepli Live - apparently Aamir Khan is contemplating adding a song over the end credits. No word on what Anusha Rizvi has to say about this. I think we'll have to wait until after the film comes out to get the real story.

* Another interesting story to follow has been the child actors from
Slumdog Millionaire - Rubina Ali is not only still living in the slums but has written a book.

*
I Hate Luv Storys is being novelized into chick-lit.

* Lara Dutta is
denying that the wardrobe malfunction happened, saying it was the 'shadow of her clutch.' I direct you to exhibit A.

* Ranbir Kapoor says
being single is fun. Yes, yes, it is, my friend!

"I am enjoying my work, I am doing things that I wouldn’t do when I am in a relationship, like hang out with my guy friends, learn to play the guitar, try to play soccer or watch DVDs."

Bro, if you want to start a single persons band, you know where I am - bass + guitar?

* German fans...!!
Ishqiya is going to be at the Munich International Film Festival at the end of June! Go forth and view!

*
Tere Bin Laden is having trouble with the censor board. Some things are inevitable...

* Karan Johar is thrilled at the response to
My Name is Khan.

"The film has indeed transcended across boundaries", continues Karan, "It has released in Germany as well as France now. In the weeks to come, we would also be releasing in Russia as well as many other territories. People at FOX are planning it all out. MNIK has truly emerged as the first global film to be coming out of India and doing well commercially as well."

I have no comment.

* Katrina Kaif has decided on Alisha Chinai as her
go-to playback singer.

* Gopichand is
thrilled with the response to Golimaar - and is a Hindi remake of the film in the works?

* Akshay is going
Marathi for Khatta Meeta!

MAGAZINE COVER SHOW DOWN!



Ranbir looking effortlessly cool on the cover of
Filmfare... versus...



... an award I could not agree less with.

Deepika Padukone is a lot of things but the sexiest woman in the world is not one of them. She looks like a scared little girl, not a sexy lady.

And since I promised, here is a BOLLYWOOD BLIND ITEM for everyone!


Bikini bods and bikini babes are all the rage these days in Bollywood. This doe-eyed starlet recently made her bikini debut and acted as if it was no big deal to the press. But, behind the scenes, the starlet was anything but blase and threw a temper tantrum about appearing in the itsy-bitsy bikini, holding up cast and crew of the film for hours and refusing to come out of her trailer.

And it's not: Jiah Khan, Amrita Rao, or Amisha Patel.


xoxo Film Girl

5 comments:

Archee ologist said...

Is the doe-eyed starlet supposed to be Minnisha Lamba??

Anita said...

Agreed on Usher. Soooo much agreement. :D

If this means we get more Alisha Chinai on film soundtracks, I'm all for it, Kat!! <3

Deepika is definitely sexy! That much I thought we could agree on!! XD

Also, I don't like Ranbir's pants on the Filmfare cover. But I like his idgaf attitude. ;)

Filmi Girl said...

@archee My lips are sealed! :)

@anita Ew!! I don't think she's sexy at all... Deepika is way too fragile to be sexy. But Usher? So much of yes!

Renuka said...

The doe-eyed starlet is definitely Deepika Padukone..I remember her interviews :)

amandaaaa!!! said...

is it anushka sharma? wasn't she in a bikini in badmaash company?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl