Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Gossip - Evening Edition!

Just a few more days until I have Internet at my house again!

Until then, please bear with my evening updates... it's rather distracting at the coffee shop but, alas, such is life.

So, can I just say that I am really freaking tired of all the lazy journos making news stories out of stars' twitter posts? It seems like 75% of the stories today were pulled from twitter...

(I'm really tired of it.)

If I cared what Priyanka's PR team had to say, I would
follow her Twitter feed - samjhe?

That said, I will make an exception for stories like
this one about Akshay Kumar getting chased by fans on the London Underground because it is hilarious and doesn't involve him talking about his weight or some feud, which is what most stories about stars focus on. I don't care WHO you are, neither of those things is newsworthy!

* Here is the kind of story I want to read - an unintentionally hilarious
report on Luv Sinha's quest for the right script.

"I'm going through scripts. I don't want to make the same mistake twice basically. Based on audience perception to your work, you have to figure out what they want from you and do that. That's what I'm trying to do."

I think that based on the almost universally negative reviews for Luv's performance, the audience would like him to take a job that doesn't involve, you know, acting.

* Clueless quotes from
Dharmendra are also highly encouraged by me.

I did it for her. One can never say no to one's children. Esha is very gifted. I felt very proud watching her in front of the camera."

Esha Deol is a lot of things, but I don't think anyone has every accused her of being gifted before. Still, it is sweet of him to say so.

* Konkona and Aparna Sen are going to be
starring in a new film together!

* Tenion between Aamir Khan and the director of Peepli Live!?

* Another fabulous non-twitter related story is
this one about Hitler-worship in India. I can only hope that Anupam Kher's film touches on this.

*
Chitrashi Rawat is apparently quite the party animal!

* Imran Khan likes to work with
first time directors.

* Ajay Devgn, who rocked my socks in
Raajneeti, is pulling an homage to Amitabh's Vijay from Deewar in Once Upon A Time in Mumbai.

This piece of critical information is also let slip:

Director Milan Luthria said, “Yes, we scrapped many of Ajay’s earlier costumes. We had initially decided to dress him like Amitji in Trishul so all the costumes were either polo necks or blazers and jackets."

Can you even imagine Ajay decked up in some of Amitabh's
Trishul outfits?!



(Yes, Amit-ji, those checks are STILL considered big.)

* Let's leave IIFA with this
succinct wrapup from Indiaglitz:

First of all, the iconic Big B and the brand ambassador of the award didn’t participate so did his family. Many topnotch stars stayed away like Shahrukh, Akshay etc etc. The venue also played a spoiler which many objected due to various reasons, while some found the place to be not just happening like Macau last year. With very few stars performing it became a not very charming affair as promised.

The whole thing is worth reading!

* And some final words on
Raajneeti - SUCCESS! (Okay, that's just one word.)

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Thank you for all the gossip even though you don't have internet at home!

Finally Rajneeti's showing in my town!!!! Hope I'll get a ticket because there are only 2 shows.....

Pessimisissimo said...

Checks, nothing--dig that Trishul wallpaper!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl