Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Gossip!

Finally!!! It's Friday! I have been working for the weekend all freaking week! Yours truly will be seeing Adam Lambert in concert on Sunday and I am super-excited. He shares many of the same traits as my favorite Bollywood picturizations - such as an emphasis on elaborate costumes and background dancers.

BUT!! Let's hit up the gossip!

*
Raavanan is turning out to be a super-hit in Kerala! Everybody loves Raavanan!

* The lighting rig that collapsed in Detroit has caused A.R. Rahman to postpone the rest of
his world tour.

* Trisha has signed on a remake of her hit
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya opposite Prateik Babbar.

*
Endhiran is pushed back to September.

* Director Vikramaditya Motwane
Udaan.

“I met Anurag when he was writing the dialogue for Deepa Mehta’s Water. We became friends and then I showed him the script. I remember he saw it and said jokingly, ‘No one will produce this film, other than me.’ Ironically, in the end, he did. But he never came on the set.”

* Katrina and Farah might not have got along on the sets of
Tees Maar Khan but Katrina knows talent when she see it and has picked Farah to direct her in an ad film.

*
This article reminded me that not everyone feels that Bebo is a super-spectacular actress. I thought she gave nice performances in any number of films since her big breakthough Jab We Met but I am apt to forget that not everybody enjoyed Tashan and Kambakhht Ishq. Madhur Bhandarkar says he'll have her doing her best performance yet in Heroine.

And apparently it was Sanjay Leela Bhansali feeling sorry for Aishwarya after her flop that made him bump
Bebo from his latest.

* Kunal Kapoor replaces Abhay Deol in
Basra.

* Deepti Naval is
going negative in a new film.

* Saif Ali Khan's look for
Agent Vinod is top secret. No, really. TOP SECRET!

* It wouldn't be Bollywood without everybody
bitching about somebody else's success. This time, certain filmmakers are upset that Prakash Jha is getting special treatment at an Indian film festival in Ireland.

And one of them on a condition of anonymity expressed surprise and dismay at the prominence given to Jha’s cinema. “I agree that he has made hard-hitting political films. But you can’t call Gangaajal or Raajneeti representative of Indian cinema. Their politics makes them very culture-specific work.”

* Filmi Girl's favorite sitcom actor Kunal Nayyar talks
Big Bang Theory!

An episode even saw Raj making scandalous remarks about Bollywood actresses - whose idea was that?

“The writers’ idea. I do nothing but answer all the India related questions they shoot at me like, ‘what do you call a kite in Hindi?’ or ‘what would you eat at a bowling alley in India?’ They weave their dialogues around these things.”


* Interesting look at
the role of critics in Bollywood.

Movies need to evaluated, not judged, by a critic.

I can't agree more! Critics need to evaluate to see if the movie meets the needs of the audience it was made for. Let the bloggers and academics judge and analyze. Whether a critic personally liked a movie should not make a difference to the review.

* Anurag Kashyap's brother Abhinav is ready to
surprise audiences with Dabangg!

“Everybody is expecting me to make a film like Dev D or Gulaal but it would be foolish for me to get into that territory. I hope to assert my own identity through this film. A commercial masala film is something that Anurag has never attempted."



Aren't Sonam and Irman adorable?! Although I was a little alarmed at the voiceover calling them a 'reel life' couple. Don't people realize that the pun only works in print? Otherwise we'll all just assume that you mean 'real life.'

2 comments:

Shell said...

AAAAH! You're going to see Adam Lambert! I am so jealous! Wish I was going with you.

Onto Bolly related material, as long as Agent Vinod is still a go, I have high hopes that we might actually get to see Saif in a look that enhances his attributes. I've almost given up on him.

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

Yipee for Dipti!
But a big BOO for Basra- I thought that Abhay was gona do it, and even tho Kunal is nice, but Abhay makes everything better :( sniffle. sob.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl