Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday Gossip!

Good mornings!

Are you ready for some
Khanna-o-rama!? There are some great posts out there! Please investigate Ness's take on the Vinod-Govinda starrer Ek Raja Rani for some excellent man-pain and chest hair. And then there is Amrita's run down of the essential Vinod Khanna, which includes this amazing quote:

When Alpha Khanna gritted his teeth and sneered, panties dropped across India or so I hear. When Akshaye sneers, Paresh Rawal or Arshad Warsi pop up to complete the comic scene. When Rahul sneers, the girl runs off with another boy.

So go read!

But let's move on to morning gossips for you all...

* Our own Stacey talked to Meiyang Chang about
Badmaash Company!

When I first entered this competition, my biggest doubt was that I didn't think anyone was going to vote for me, you know? Perhaps I won't even get through the competition because there will be a bias and stuff. However, like what I said before, this kind of ignorance it does exist, but many of my own misconceptions were broken when I entered this competition. I got lots of love, everybody accepted me, they voted for me, and even when I goofed up they still supported me.

*
Bollywood Hungama tries to spin a story out of Anees Bazmee and the Singh is Kinng sequel and fails miserably.

By this time around one can well sense that Anees Bazmee is trying hard to camouflage his emotions. Though he is keeping a tough stand on the exterior, one can sense that he does carry a soft corner for the film. This is the reason why he only wishes the film good luck rather being nonchalant about it.

Actually, I got the sense that the author was trying to make a story out of nothing and trying to be nonchalant about it.

* Finally! A film I don't have to be excited about - a revenge drama starring
Amitabh, Ajay, and Sanjay Dutt. This one is for the menfolks.

* Abhishek talks
Raavan and Mani Ratnam:

He points out that when a director of the calibre of Mani Ratnam asks an actor to do a film, he can’t say ‘No’. “He’s the best filmmaker we have and you’d be a fool to refuse him. Even if he wanted me to be a tree in the backdrop, I’d do it because he’s a friend,” says Abhishek.

* What is with all these
stories leaking out about John Abraham causing trouble with his new film? First no mouche and now he refuses to wear a police uniform?

*
Housefull took an average opening overseas - which makes sense. Akshay movies don't usually do blockbuster business in the diaspora markets.

* The
Golmaal boys tried to play a prank on Bebo but she didn't fall for it... good girl!

* Soha Ali Khan rushed to the
Golmaal sets to take care of her boyfriend Kunal Khemu, who has sprained his leg.

* Boney Kapoor to direct his
first film!

* Look, Imran, bro - I know you want to be a Bollywood actor but if you can't handle some backup dancers
grinding on you you may as well just head over into Parallel Cinema and have done with it already.

2 comments:

ajnabi said...

Haha about Imran--maybe he should learn to handle directors putting alcohol in his drinks too!

I don't believe the goss about John Abraham. I'm not his biggest fan or anything (that particular title goes to Nicki LOL) but every time I've heard him, whether in interviews or panels, he's been smart and nice.

Ness said...

Aww poor Imran, he seems too schweet for the evils of the film industry...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl