Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Welcome to Tuesday!

And guess what?
Kites is still making news...

* Did it disappoint
at the box office? At the Indian box office? Apparently. It didn't disappoint me, though! I have a feeling that like Dil Se, Kites will find its audience eventually...

* Sonali Kulkarni just got married for
the second time!

* Confirming that I will not be seeing
Don 2, Lara Dutta has joined the cast.

* Anil and Sonam are doing a film
together. Maybe he can help her with her acting...

* Shahrukh Khan shot an ad for toothpaste despite being
ill.

* Karan Johar can't decide on when to release
Stepmom.

* Saif Ali Khan is teaming up with Vishal Bhardwaj
on an undetermined film.

Also, Saif needs to stop writing articles and submitting them under different names because this article about how he is wearing
no make up in Agent Vinod is clearly not written by an objective journalist.

Bollywood nawaab Saif Ali Khan who is renowned for his rugged patent look in long hair and beard is all set to go off make up in his upcoming home production Agent Vinod.

While most of the B-town super stars apply the make up to hide their age and look younger, Saif thinks differently for his movie that also stars her beloved Kareena Kapoor.

The film is expected to hit the screens in March 2011.


This is the same 'rugged' Saif who indulged in hair plugs, botox, and an eye lift for
Love Aaj Kal...

* Ram Gopal Verma has decided that Vivek Oberoi is safe to work with again and is making
Rakta Charitra with the actor.

* Ashutosh Gowarikar got 3700 auditions for
Buddha - this is the film he is making with an English crew, in English. Um... I can't help but want to refer Ashutosh to the experience of the Roshans before committing to the English thing.

* Ekta Kapoor knows what she is all about, though - she's hired
Shobba De as a media consultant.

* The music for
I Hate Luv Storys was leaked.

* Ranbir's top secret
Rockstar look will apparently be:

Ranbir and Imtiaz finally decided that his character will sport shoulder length hair as rock stars are often seen sporting long hair while performing live on stage. Imitiaz felt that Ranbir could carry this look very well and looks like a real rock star.

* Akshay Kumar loves his
Dimple Kapadia! (Because he has excellent taste!)

And have a video on the making of
Darling!

4 comments:

ajnabi said...

I don't think I'll ever get tired of how deadly serious Bollywood news outlets take the stars' looks for upcoming movies. :-D Yay for Ranbir rocking the mullet.

myrna-nora said...

Kites reached number 10 in the US box office. How could they expect any more when they didn't advertise?
The one sidebar ad online wasn't an incentive since I only saw it while I was looking up showtimes. I haven't seen anything about "The Remix." Maybe it was different elsewhere in the country, but I think the average white American has never heard of this film.

ajnabi said...

@myrna-nora If they read the box office reports they've heard of it--I saw it mentioned on E!, NPR, and Time. Time even referred to the great Desi diaspora. :-) It was a bad week for cinema in general, so, pity for the movie, but to make it into the top 10 even on a bad week has to be some sort of accomplishment, right? (Not that I'm going to see it till DVD; even if I wanted to I couldn't.)

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi True that! I like how studiously the piece mentions that real rockstars have long hair!

@myrna-nora Yeah... I bet a lot of people didn't know it was out. There was no advertising in my area AND the local paper didn't even run a review even though it was playing in 4 theaters.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl