Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

KHANNA-O-RAMA!

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest... is everybody enjoying the pieces as much as I am? I'm already finding Vinod Khanna movies that I need to see and I highly recommend Ajnabi's post giving an
in-depth look at that Akshaye Khanna song from Dil Chahta Hai. Yes, that song.

But, OKAY! Let's see what is happening today!

*
Housefull took a huge opening weekend and Sajid Khan cried all the way to the bank over the critical trashing (from everyone except me) of the film.

* Shahid discusses
VEST GATE 2010 (and other stuff)!!!

Badmaash Company is giving you a real badmaash actor's reputation, interfering, bullying, non-co-operating?

Nahin yaar. Why don't you ask the director Parmeet Sethi if there's any truth to all this?
We don't argue about ganjis and tee-shirts. We focus on my acting, not on accessories. [Emphasis added by me - FG] Of course I do contribute to my films. Even the simplest of moves are turned into disputes. But the limit was when it was reported that me and Vishal Bhardwaj came to blows over Kaminey. Can you imagine me coming to blows with anyone?


So... rumors of the Vestapocalypse have been overblown?! KYA?

* Fox Searchlight is going to give
Dum Maro Dum - the Abhi and Bips Do Goa film - the "international release" treatment. This means I might get in to see them on their publicity tour!

* Akshay Kumar loves
people watching as much as I do.

"I travel a lot. Recently, I got stuck at the Frankfurt airport because of the volcano ashes incident. I had to wait long. So I sat down and looked around and people have something to offer. It's amazing just to register that and sometimes while playing a character, suddenly that comes out and you start acting like that person."

He is also basing his character in
Thank You on Charlie Chaplin. Is Akshay the real inheritor of Raj Kapoor's "everyman" title?

* Vivek engages in
TOP SECRET SPY ANTICS to avoid Salman. (Actually he just hides in his van.)

* Amitabh Bachchan has
stomach problems. Feel better soon!

* Finally, an interesting story on Barbara Mori - a
Bollywood dance number was dropped from the film after the producers saw how awkwardly she danced.

* Prakash Jha loves
item songs (me, too!) and he's just finished shooting the one for Rajneeti with Barkha Bisht.

* The
inside dirt on Katrina and Salman!!

“Salman now feels that Kat used him to pave her way into the industry and now that she’s found success she doesn’t need him anymore...When Salman asked her not to do anymore films with Akshay she didn’t listen. Her fling with John on the sets of New York and signing the Italian Job’s Hindi version opposite Abhishek made things worse.”

Apparently they are DUNZO - for real this time.

* Namitha is taking a
career breather to assess her situation.

* Why do I have a sudden craving for
cookies?

Raavanan Trailer!

4 comments:

ajnabi said...

OMG VIKRAM!!!!!!! **insert fangirlish keyboard SMASH here**

Okay, sorry, just had to get that out of my system. I'll be good now, I swear.

I have to say I love how the Indian press turns any and all discussions onset into a full-blown altercation. Not that I don't think my boy's a diva. Just that I doubt that he'd go *that* far.

I think it's interesting that Salman reportedly feels Kat used him. From my POV that looked like a mutually beneficial relationship, even with my cynicism factor set to 10.

Thank you for the shout-out! :-)

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi I KNOW!! I'm 100% decided on Kanthaswamy for the next 'in-depth' film.

And the Indian gossip rags are hilarious - they love link-ups and fake drama and conveniently ignore actual bad behavior.

Never Mind!! said...

Where is the mention of the good man Rana Daggubati when you talk about Dum Maro Dum!! Sorry, every fangirl has her boy, no?

So, Akshay and Rahul are included in Khanna-o Rama? Might do a post then. Will let you know.

Christine Menefee said...

Yes, enjoying the Khanna-o-Rama! It's neat how you all are playing off each other - amplifies the effect all around! THAT song treatment by @ajnabi is wonderful! It was weird and awful when I saw the movie and now I truly appreciate it, teddy bears and all. Would have commented but I'm still learning how to do that so hope Ajnabi sees endorsement here :).

Speaking of wonderful treatments, I'm looking forward to more Dhoom2 (hint, hint) - your public awaits.

And finally, I don't know about cookies, but somebody needs to go off a diet - that photo of Hrithik makes him look like a starving sanyasi (the chest - what happened to the manly chest??? Reverse photoshopping?)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl