Good mornings! I woke up a bit late this morning, so we'll keep it quick and dirty today...
* Rajneeti has had to go under the the censor's knife - Katrina and Arjun's lovemaking scene has been axed along with some English profanity.
* Sonam Kapoor has turned down Paki, the one with Vivek Oberoi. What is up with this film? First the heroine resigns (or is booted off because she looks too old) and then Genelia is rumored for the part and now Sonam turns it down?
Something is going on...
* Divya Dutta is a doing a black and white film! The noir throwback is called Chehre and also stars Manisha Koirala!
* Suriya's new film is opening on 30 screens in the United States - I wish that Southern films were subtitled for us non-Tamil/Telugu/Kannada/etc. speaking folks who would like to maybe see Suriya kick ass in the theater...
* Anil Kapoor wants to remake FREAKY FRIDAY! Yay! Of course, he's going to cast Sonam but I hope he casts a very talented actress as the mother... like SRIDEVI!
* Govinda is on Twitter? Did I know this?
Govinda has so far garnered only 600-odd followers making him the only Bollywood hero to have such a miniscule number of followers. He wrote on his Twitter account. “There are many other account regarding Govinda who have more followers than me but I want to say that I am happy with my followers list,” he tweets. Forget about the grammar and the language because he’s Govinda.
Aw! Let's show @chichigovinda some love!
* I was reading somewhere that Twitter is going to start charging for use of tweets in news stories and things, which means articles like this one might disappear soon: Shahrukh Khan misses working with Juhi Chawla - and we miss her, too.
* Karan Johar is okay with I Hate Luv Storys taking potshots at his films.
Karan admits that the film takes potshots at him and his cinema. He says, “But that’s okay. A new generation of directors like Puneet Malhotra who directs I Hate Luv Storys, have come in. They’ve their own take on love. And somewhere what I did in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai may seem outdated now.”
KKHH will never be outdated to me, KJo!
* I don't know how much of this I believe but Aishwarya, Bebo, and Preity are the names being tossed around for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film set in the red light district of Lahore.
* Speaking of the divine Miss Bebo, she has finally agreed to shoot for Milenge Milenge.
* Ranbir and Imtiaz Ali are location scouting in Delhi if you happen to be in the area...
Check out a new poster for Hisss!
I can't wait!!
And here is the trailer for that Divya Dutta-Manisha Koirala film!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl