Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Gossip!

It's day two of my EPIC MOVE and I'm already ready to throw out all my stuff and sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor in my new apartment.

*sigh*

Oh well, I'd miss my DVDs eventually!

Let's hit the gossip!

* Shahrukh and Aishwarya are
not doing a Yash Raj film together.

* Speaking of the divine Miss Rai - it seems like the
Aishwarya Rai Women's College isn't happening after all. Did the Bachchan Bahu upset her father-in-law or was the promise made in bad faith?

* And Shahrukh has joined his non-YRF co-star in dropping out of
IIFA.

*
Hrithik's pit stains make more news than the less exciting by the day IIFA Awards.

* This just in: Most celebrities think pretty highly of themselves and enjoy
social networking but are ACTOR BLOGS DESTROYING EVERYTHING?!

Consider how Khan used this brahmastra to handle media debate over his decision to run with the Beijing Games Olympic torch, discounting appeals of pro-Tibetan groups. Khan posted a statement on his blog saying the Games belonged to the world, neatly sidestepping uncomfortable questions of whether his endorsement of Coke (a Games sponsor) was a reason for not staying away from the torch run.

What should have been a dialogue effectively became a monologue; brand image must be protected at all cost. Being in public space is desirable, but not the slightest scrutiny so integral to the idea of public space. To occupy the public realm as a privatised space is the hallmark of power in our times.


I would question if the ever-so-polite Bollywood press would have actually challenged him on this anyway. I would also say that actor blogs dominating public conversation says more about the lack of quality journalism than anything else.

(And a warning - the article features a picture of Aamir Khan and his eye lift.)

*
T bole to bole to Twitter! Sanjay Dutt has signed up for Twitter to promote Lamhaa! He's @duttsanjay if you want to look him up.

* John Abraham is
getting into character for his upcoming police drama by talking with undercover cops. The article also helpfully brings up how John didn't want to be seen in the uniform for the entire film.

* And
this article is an excuse for the author to get a dig in at Arshad's (and I quote) "the reported emotional vacuum in his life."

PICTURE TIME!



Does UNF cover it?

And lookie who was at Sushmita Sen's
I Am She beauty pageant?!



You know they were out for a smoke break when the paps caught them!



Bebo main Bebo looking fab, as always!



*sends air kisses her way*



I still don't understand how she dates this... At least put a shirt on, Saif! It kind of cracks me up that he is operating under some bizarre notion that women find this attractive. Just see his recent magazine covers to see what I mean...

5 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

Saif's dress sense is just SO BAD these days... what's the matter with this guy? He used to be so attractive once upon a time, now he just looks cringeworthy.

Ness said...

Oh Saifu. I never really got you, and kind of love you now that you're a hideous wreck of your former self. I'm perverse like that.

eliza bennet said...

I think Bebo is soaking Saifu's life energy. She looks better and better and he looks worse and worse each day.

Simran said...

Is it just me or is Sush's hairline all messed up? She looks bald around the edges ... :|

On the other hand, Bebo looks amazing!

LOOOVE the cover with Bips and John. Mostly love the John part though. :)

honeycombveils said...

I think poor Saif is going through some kind of mid-life crisis - unless of course he was just filming a scene and this was his costume. Those look like knee pads to me, with the orange bandanna perhaps icing a bruised knee? Just a thought.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl