Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Gossip!

Good mornings!

I'm still under the weather....achoo! But I dug my laptop out and am ready to spread the
germs gossip!

* New York City is having a
film festival of Muslim influences in Bollywood.

* Bollywood tightens its
belt but I'm not talking about crash diets.

Most have had their budgets reworked and star salaries reduced as Bollywood feels the pinch of two bad years at the box-office. “In 2007 and 2008, everyone wanted to make movies and pump in money, but what happened is that stars charged much more than they deserved, corporates spent more than was necessary and as a result making a profit on a film proved to be a tough proposition,” says trade analyst Vajir Singh.

* Films are getting
shorter, too.

* Anushka Sharma seems like a
well-grounded young lady.

* Deepika Padukone spills more gossip on the
ill-fated Sonam-Imran jodi.

In Break Ke Baad, Imran Khan was supposed to lift you. Apparently, he couldn’t. True?

Ha, ha, I’m sure that was just a joke. Imran may look lean but he’s strong. He kept teasing me for a week saying he would have to work out really hard to lift me for that scene. He lifted another actress too and fell down. Thank God that didn’t happen with me.

Are you hinting at Sonam Kapoor, with whom he’s working in
I Hate Luv Storys?

(Chuckles) That’s for me to know and you to figure out.


*
Kites almost didn't happen! Naheee-eeen!

* Vikram had always wanted to work with
Mani Ratnam.

“Mani sir takes romance to another level, he makes it appear so natural. I’d been hoping to be a part of one such song and when the opportunity presented itself, I was delighted,” he asserts.

3 comments:

Christine Menefee said...

Na-heeen! Get well soon! Came across this quote that reminded me of The Joy of Dhoom2

"Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash we have very little reason to be interested in them” -Pauline Kael

Wanted to tweet it to Anupama Chopra and others but it was too long :(

ajnabi said...

That whole "analysis" on the smaller funds available to movie production made me roll my eyes. Um, dudes, how about YOU MADE PISS-POOR FILMS for the last two years?! Just a thought.

And more with the Imran/Sonam disconnect! I have to say, I'm not surprised. They seem very, very different. (And if he'd had a hard time lifting Deepika I would've lost all respect for him. It has to be like hoisting a swizzle stick.)

That Vikram article is so cute! I love the part where he's talking about making up lyrics to the songs for his wife.

VIBGYOR said...

Hrithik never said that acting is not a my cup of tea. PTI article was totally baseless.

Acting and cinema is his passion he gives 100% to his movies.
Here I would like to narrate one interesting fact regarding hrithik's devotion and sincerity for his work.

while shutting with farhan akhtar for the movie 'Lakshya' according to the need of character farhan cut his hair ( army cut like soldier).Now Farhan insist that Hrithik must hide his new looks till film released.

During this time Honda company approached Hrithik again for launching of their new bike as he is a brand ambassador of Honda.

Hrithik said to the marketing manager of Honda that he is ready to do the add but he would ware cap on his head to hide his new look .Near about 2 months Hrithik attended all function and parties with cap on his head.

-musicholicworld.blogspot.com
vibgyorworld.blogspot.com
@buntyspeak on twitter

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl