Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday Gossip!

Good mornings, everyone!

Yes, I am still alive after gazing into the hazel eyes of Hrithik Roshan. It was touch and go there for a while but I pulled through! My write-up should be at Bollyspice.com in the near future, so stay tuned!

Here is your gossip!

* The
Guardian likes the idea of Brett Ratner "remixing" Kites and offers other insulting suggestions:

Next up: David Lean's sclerotic and embarrassing A Passage To India, the last British movie I can remember to feature an actor in blackface (Alec Guinness, come on down!) and one that could really use a gigantic Bollywood enema. Dame Peggy Ashcroft could do an animated dance with a digitally inserted Apu from The Simpsons, just like Gene Kelly did with Tom and Jerry, and God knows what the super-chaste Bollywood aesthetic would come up with for the rape in the Marabar Caves. Some shadowy dance number with a strategically positioned spitting cobra, probably.

Do I really need to comment on this? Fine, I will... UGH! Let's get Subhash K. Jha to remix this article.

*
The First Wives Club (and Karan) are in New York!

* Anurag Basu has mixed reactions to
Brett Ratner's editing.

* Everybody loves
Barbara Mori... except the reading public, who are sick of stories like this one.

*
3 Idiots was screened at the UN. I'm so glad that the UN is worrying about important things like the effects of botox on 40-something actors.

* Ranbir denies the rumors of him backing out of
Karan's project.

* Hritihik Roshan is going to work with
Imtiaz Ali!! This, I cannot wait for! As long as the lady opposite him is neither Priyanka nor Deepika, I am ready for this movie right now!

* The
Hindustan Times has a bitchy interview with him up.

But does your wife Sussane also react in the same way? It’s said that she was upset by reports of your link-up with Barbara, she walked out of your home and moved in with her parents.

My wife is a more spiritual person than I am. We are the perfect couple.


* Siddharth thinks
regional cinema deserves more respect.

*
Bombay Dreams is hitting the big screen - with probably an unknown cast. Hollywood musicals cast singers rather than actors.

KATRINA KAIF on
Filmfare!

2 comments:

Christine Menefee said...

What a snarky and inflated article about Kjo that was. Why shouldn't he gad and glam about with the girls, and tweet about it? I've thoroughly enjoyed his tweets during this trip. Why shouldn't he say nice and encouraging things about his rivals' films? That's obviously how he is, and it's the business. Good grief, what a lot of blather about a tweet or two. Much ado about nothing (but without the wit of the original). I'm as tired of reading ABOUT Kjo's tweets as I am of hearing about Barbara Mori (Mora? Modi?) whose only significance in my universe is in being in a movie with the Roshans.

And what's up with the Guardian guy? Hope he isn't a real, paid critic - good grief. I usually like that paper. Didn't his mother ever tell him if you can't say anything intelligent (or at least nice) don't say anything at all?

I love Hrithik's comeback, that you quoted - classy! Wonder if S. is as satisfied as he seems to be with the situation (if there is one) but that's none of my business and I certainly don't want to hear about it from more of these "journalists."

Looking forward to your writeup of NY - enjoyed those tweets too! Hope you're feeling better now after a dose of Bollywood magic.

ajnabi said...

"Hollywood musicals cast singers rather than actors." Except for Hairspray! Maybe this'll be like Hairspray! Except this time there'd be no role for Zefron. :-(

See how sad I am, going through old posts while I wait to read your take on Kites? C'mon, put me out of my misery. ;-)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl