This month has been so crazy, with me getting sick and going to New York and... moving. Hopefully starting in June, I'll be able to pick back up on some on-going series (Dhoom 2!) and start up some new fun posting topics.
Okay! What is happening today?
* Kites: The Remix - Brett Ratner hits his target audience.
Kites is funny (sometimes intentionally, other times not), frenetic and, in its own way, absolutely charming. (I couldn't think of another 'f' word.) It also dares to dress up Roshan in a Three Amigos outfit and play it absolutely straight. If only for that, Kites: The Remix deserves to be seen by as many people who paid to watch Transformers 2.
* Most of the stories that have come out about Anjaana Anjaani involve either ice skating or Katrina Kaif sneaking to New York to visit Ranbir. Now, director Siddharth Anand is talking about the actual film.
"I did my first film Salaam Namaste in 2005. If I'm doing another romantic film it better be even cooler and more contemporary. Anjaana Anjaani is the riskiest film ever. I've experimented with the style and performances. If audiences believe in the couple they'll come back repeatedly to watch them. If they don't they'll reject them completely. It's so character-driven. If their performances don't work, the film doesn't."
* Imran Khan plucked his eyebrows for I Hate Luv Storys... to mixed reviews.
* In case you didn't catch it - Shahid Kapoor is in SCOTLAND! And Scotland is thrilled to have him!
The Edinburgh paper even found an Indian person to interview about it:
"He's very popular, and of course, he is making this movie with his father, who is a very revered actor, but less commercially successful. Shahid's films are very popular, and I hear he has even grown a beard to keep himself in disguise.
"Some friends have been trying to find Indian staff at the city's five-star hotels as they will definitely recognise him."
* Read a profile of Zoya Akhtar that uses a short friend of mine's least favorite descriptor ever... 'pint-sized.'
* Kareena Kapoor is being lobbied to play Paro in Sudhir Mishra's Devdas adaptation.
* Kunal Khemu takes up photography!
Saif on the cover of Blender - I really want somebody to tell him to just stop trying to look cool because it's not working. He's turning into Tim Robbin's character from High Fidelity and it's not pretty.
Also, that American review who called Hrithik Roshan India's answer to Fabio needs to see this...
"Golmaal, golmaal everything's gonna be golmaal!
Golmaal 3 pictures courtesy of Bebo's official fan club!