Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Gossip!!

I'll be going to New York City this weekend so updates may be patchy!

First of all, indie rockers who name drop Bollywood as part of their "weird cred" really annoy me.

Case in point - Patrick Watson:

AVC: Your bio calls you a “musical mad scientist.”

PW: [Laughs.] I don't write that shit. I listen to a lot. That just helps me write, teaches me how to arrange. I listen to a lot of Bollywood music: Lata Mangeshkar. I love Lata Mangeshkar.

AVC: Do you watch the movies as well?

PW: No, just the music. Maybe I'd like the movies. I don't know, I just love the music. It's got this rare quality where it dances, but it still has a depth of a sad song at the same time. It's really strange. They kind of manage to do two things at once. We do a ballad, or a dance song, and it's very difficult. They kind of mix those two things together. It's pretty impressive, beautiful music.


Really, bro? You "love" Lata Mangeshkar? Why does this sound like such BS? I could have believed R.D. Burman or A.R. Rahman but I highly doubt that this guy is sitting around and listening to Bollywood's nightingale and taking notes.

And BTW, Patrick, not all Bollywood mixes dance and ballads - it's probably just that one compilation you have.

* The delectable Katrina Kaif wins over
this reporter:

That's when you go speechless. Then after looking at her for half an hour in a closed room you start getting speech attacks. Instead of David Cameron, the next British Prime Minister, you say 'James Cameron'. Then you remind her that she has acted in more than one film with Ranbir Kapoor and she reminds you back that she has acted in only one. That is exactly what happens when you are face to face with this beauty that cannot be described in words, poetry and art.

*
Hisss will get a release date at Cannes! And Mallika is doing a snake dance...

* Russell Crowe guarantees his day in the Indian press by claiming that he would like to be
in Bollywood!

* Anurag Basu discusses
Kites!

"There was huge pressure. I was quite tense. When he called me initially, he said he liked the screenplay of Gangster and it's a very good story.

"That time I thought he wanted me to write the script for his film, instead of asking me to direct. It sunk in later that he wanted me to direct the film as well. Actually, the trust increases the responsibility."


* Kajol doesn't want her
baby bump photographed.

CANNES Pictures!!





Hel-loooooo, nurse!





Why would an actress who is not Megan Fox get a giant tattoo of her lover's initials on her neck? It doesn't seem like a smart career move...

5 comments:

ajnabi said...

Was it here that I read that Deeps had to go change her hairstyle during a shoot because of that (silly) tattoo? Baaaad idea, until you're at least engaged or something. At least, unlike Saif, she has youth as an excuse.

And I *love* those photos of Aish! She looks absolutely gorgeous. Did you see this one?

Daddy's Girl said...

Ash looks amazing in those pictures... loving her curves. Deepika looks great too. And LOL, you're right, Patrick Watson's comments sound like a whole lot of BS. If they'd asked him to name 5 or 6 of his favourite Lata songs, I think there'd have been a lot of um-ing and ah-ing.

Shell said...

This is why I refuse REFUSE to put any name on my body that's not Shah Rukh Khan! (kidding). No boyfriend/husband's name will ever grace this skin. It's just plain silly to do so.

Okay, so Russell Crowe thinks he has what it takes to make a Hindi film, minus the Hindi? I'm sorry Russell, but there's more to a Bollywood movie than item numbers and dance sequences. If I wanted to watch you fail I'll just watch 'A Good Year'.

On another note: have fun in NYC!!!!!

Christine Menefee said...

Oh, Shell, I'm so glad you said that about A Good Year. Bleeagh! He'd probably be a good fireng gangster in a RGV film, but that would be like taking coals to Newcastle since RGV never seems to have a shortage of those types to cast, from local talent.

I'm getting so tired of all these stars' references to Bollywood - each one a blow to my sensibilities - the meme will die soon, I hope.

redsarah said...

I read the article about Russell Crowe wanting to do Bollywood 5 minutes before reading that Brett Ratner was planning a cop/buddy film with Hrithik and a "big Hollywood star". For 2 seconds, pictured Hrithik and Russell in a dance number together, before brain meltdown .....

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl