Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday Gossip!

Good morning!

Let's see what the heck is going on in Bollywood!

*
HOUSEFULL - as April 30th has inched closer and closer I've been getting more and more excited for this one. Sajid Khan, don't fail me now!

Akshay Kumar
says: "My heart and soul is wherever Sajid's is. He had me completely sold on Housefull the first time he gave me just a solitary scene idea. That man is mad. He is not only the funniest guy that I have ever met; he also carries tremendous confidence with him. No one can touch him and even if you were to try and mess with his logic, he will whip the carpet from underneath you."

And as for Sajid Khan -
he says:

"HOUSEFULL may not get the praise of 3 IDIOTS, but will get its business."

Music to my ears, brother!

And don't forget my epic essay on Hey Babyy if you want my take on Sajid Khan.

* Abbas Tyrewala scrapped a song shot for
1-800-Love because it was too Western - because he used a Western choreographer. Can we all just *face palm* here for a second.

"It doesn't fit my definition of a Bollywood song. I realise Michael [Gracey] is good for Bollywood-styled music videos. But he can't integrate his vision into a Bollywood film."

* The
Mr. India sequel is going to be shot in 3-D - Salman Khan is playing the villain. I'm torn between want and do-not-want.

* Sendhil Ramamurthy doesn't speak Hindi but had to memorize 15 words for Ekta Kapoor's
Shor. He says this:

"When I was here the last time my producer Ekta Kapoor had thrown a party for me to meet the Bollywood actors and actresses. When I apologetically confessed that I didn't speak in Hindi, they said, 'Neither do we.'"

* IIFA is belatedly trying to get Southie stars to show up to the even in
Sri Lanka. "Oh, so NOW you want us," seems to be the response...

* AR Rahman is preforming his music from
Raavan live for the launch on April 24th.

*
Screen India runs down the films held back from release in 2009.

Himesh Reshammiya seems to be affected the most with all his three under-production movies, Kajraare, A New Love Isshtory, and Mud Mud Ke Na Dekh Mud Mud Ke being stuck at various levels. Sanjay Gupta’s Alibaug has been in trouble ever since he split from the film’s lead actor Sanjay Dutt. Only 70 per cent of the film has been shot so far since its inception in 2008. Buzz is that shooting for the movie will resume in September 2010.

* And just because I like when people zing Aamir Khan for taking himself too seroiusly - Naseer Khan on his tiff with
The Perfectionst:

"I believe Aamir is the only commodity in mainstream Hindi cinema that is being used productively and to make statements about the quality of our lives. As for the past, let's not talk about it. All I will say is, I had misjudged the extent of Aamir's contribution to Sarfarosh."

Oh, Naseer - never change!

And how about some MOVIE POSTERS!!

Allu Arjun's
Vedam!



Raavan!



And Salman Khan on the cover of Cineblitz!

5 comments:

eliza bennet said...

That's Abhi in the poster yaar.
But Vikram's is much much better.

Now that I started to like Salman in films, I'm eager to watch him as villain.

Filmi Girl said...

@eliza thank goodness you all keep me honest!! :D I don't think I've ever seen Abhi with so much expression on his face... ha ha!

ajnabi said...

Sendhil's quote is hilarious! Not that I'm surprised. I think Raavan looks amazing, but I want to see more trailers to make up my mind whether it's worth watching.

Tady Rox! said...

I can't wait for Raavan...so far the poster and promo are pretty interesting...I'm super excited!

Anarchivist said...

I can't imagine Salman even beginning to fill Amrish Puri's shoes ... but then, who can?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl