Good morning, folks!
How did it get to be Wednesday already? I don't know where the time goes these days... so did everyone watch the special premiere episode of Glee? I thought it was okay - that show really fluctuates from writer to writer on how well the songs are integrated into the story. Last night? Not so much. And we had way too much Finn/Rachel/Will/Emma and not nearly enough of every one else. That said... who is jumping on board the Brittany/Santana Express with me? More, please!
And off to Bollywood!
Top story today: Vidya Balan writes her own fem-slash! The lovely lady said this in a recent interview:
You’ve not been linked up for a while...
In Paa and Ishqiya, I have not been linked. It’s been a while now, it’s time for a link up, I say (laughs). Maybe Rani Mukerji, since they link me with every co-star, and Rani and I play both the hero and the heroine in the film.
Girl, you know you've got your link-up right here! Let me help you out by releasing a statement that says, "Vidya and I are just friends - I don't know how these rumors get started! I'm perfectly happy being single right now. Next project? Well, I'm still reading scripts. Yes, I don't want to do a film unless it mean something."
* A Vidya/Rani link-up is the only thing that could knock this juicy tidbit off the top slot - Shahid Kapoor "accidentally" goes in for a happy ending massage!
* Shotgun Sinha is under the impression that it was not his son's terrible acting ability that earned him the terrible reviews for his debut.
"It's quite clear that Luv is paying a price for being my son. He isn't being given a chance to make his presence felt. People who have scores to settle with me are coming out to target my boy. It isn't fair."
Really? That's why you think he got bad reviews... okay, then...
* Prince may not have done well in all segments of the market but even some success is better than the total flops Bollywood has been releasing and Vivek's career is back on track!
* Why the dig at David Dhawan, Milind Ukey?
I’d rather make the Raju Hirani kind of comedies with meaning than the mindless potboilers which David Dhawan, who is also incidentally from the FTII, is known to make”
Are you saying that Mujhse Shaadi Karogi was meaningless? Na-heeeeeeeen! Seriously, dude, you are free to make whatever kind of movies you like but David Dhawan mindless comedies will always have a Place No. 1 in my heart.
* Salman Khan is still on twitter and everybody is talking about it! There are seriously so many articles just like this one out there today... we all just follow his feed for ourselves, thanks!
That would be an interesting post... the trickle-down effect of celebrity twitter content on Bollywood journalists.
(Also, Dabangg for an Eid release? YES, please!)
* John Abraham: Action Hero! (Me want.)
* Action Replayy will be Aishwarya's first out-and-out comedy!
* Shammi Kapoor's son talks about his career.
Besides his construction business, Aditya has directed films like “Shamaal”, “Sambar Salsa” and “Don’t Stop Dreaming” in the past.
“I decided not to take up acting as I felt I needed to understand the outside world at large. I started my own business...and now as I have an established family under me, I felt it was time that I could begin my career as an actor,” he said.
* Atif Aslam talks with Voice of America.
* Is Vivek Oberoi going to dump the play in favor of a film? I honestly don't know which way he should go... tough choice.
Enjoy the Khiladi.... AKSHAY KUMAR's new THUMS UP ad!
And have some Kajal Aggarwal!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl