Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday Gossip!

Good morning, folks!

How did it get to be Wednesday already? I don't know where the time goes these days... so did everyone watch the special premiere episode of
Glee? I thought it was okay - that show really fluctuates from writer to writer on how well the songs are integrated into the story. Last night? Not so much. And we had way too much Finn/Rachel/Will/Emma and not nearly enough of every one else. That said... who is jumping on board the Brittany/Santana Express with me? More, please!

And off to Bollywood!

Top story today: Vidya Balan writes her own fem-slash! The lovely lady said
this in a recent interview:

You’ve not been linked up for a while...

In
Paa and Ishqiya, I have not been linked. It’s been a while now, it’s time for a link up, I say (laughs). Maybe Rani Mukerji, since they link me with every co-star, and Rani and I play both the hero and the heroine in the film.


Girl, you know you've got your link-up right here! Let me help you out by releasing a statement that says, "Vidya and I are just friends - I don't know how these rumors get started! I'm perfectly happy being single right now. Next project? Well, I'm still reading scripts. Yes, I don't want to do a film unless it
mean something."

* A Vidya/Rani link-up is the only thing that could knock this juicy tidbit off the top slot - Shahid Kapoor "accidentally" goes in for a
happy ending massage!

* Shotgun Sinha is under the impression that it was not his son's terrible acting ability that earned him the
terrible reviews for his debut.

"It's quite clear that Luv is paying a price for being my son. He isn't being given a chance to make his presence felt. People who have scores to settle with me are coming out to target my boy. It isn't fair."

Really? That's why you think he got bad reviews... okay, then...

*
Prince may not have done well in all segments of the market but even some success is better than the total flops Bollywood has been releasing and Vivek's career is back on track!

* Why
the dig at David Dhawan, Milind Ukey?

I’d rather make the Raju Hirani kind of comedies with meaning than the mindless potboilers which David Dhawan, who is also incidentally from the FTII, is known to make”

Are you saying that
Mujhse Shaadi Karogi was meaningless? Na-heeeeeeeen! Seriously, dude, you are free to make whatever kind of movies you like but David Dhawan mindless comedies will always have a Place No. 1 in my heart.

* Salman Khan is
still on twitter and everybody is talking about it! There are seriously so many articles just like this one out there today... we all just follow his feed for ourselves, thanks!

That would be an interesting post... the trickle-down effect of celebrity twitter content on Bollywood journalists.

(Also,
Dabangg for an Eid release? YES, please!)

* John Abraham:
Action Hero! (Me want.)

*
Action Replayy will be Aishwarya's first out-and-out comedy!

* Shammi Kapoor's son
talks about his career.

Besides his construction business, Aditya has directed films like “Shamaal”, “Sambar Salsa” and “Don’t Stop Dreaming” in the past.

“I decided not to take up acting as I felt I needed to understand the outside world at large. I started my own business...and now as I have an established family under me, I felt it was time that I could begin my career as an actor,” he said.


* Atif Aslam talks with
Voice of America.

* Is Vivek Oberoi going to dump
the play in favor of a film? I honestly don't know which way he should go... tough choice.

Enjoy the Khiladi.... AKSHAY KUMAR's new THUMS UP ad!



And have some Kajal Aggarwal!

3 comments:

dishoomdishoom said...

I don't if you saw Atif Aslam video or not, but he confirmed that he is acting in a Pakistani movie! Apparently he has shot major chunks of the movie already! Hah! (Its in Part 2 for people who want to see that)

Filmi Girl said...

You know, I didn't have time to watch all of it this morning but that is SO EXCITING! He has the look of a chocolate hero for sure... Mmmm... :)

dishoomdishoom said...

Haha! not sure about Atif, but sure Ali Zafar's debut movie sounds exciting as well. He is making his bollywood debut in July, and we shall come to him during your "intro to pakistani music 101" class on twitter.. because the prince of pakistani pop isn't atif, it is ali fracking zafar :)

Though the film is being made by the Khuda Ke Liye director

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl