Top story today... Steven Baker makes the papers!
Read about his adventures as a gora in Bollywood!
But what else is happening?
* Guess who finally admitted that he was married? Yes, Shoaib Malik.
Real class act, this guy. I had been rooting for him and Sania but I don't know after this... and poor Sania must be so embarrassed!
So, enjoy a round up of other hidden first wives!
* Two more days until PRINCE - It's Showtime!
Vivek Oberoi is all over the place giving interviews.
Last but definitely not the least Vivek, in a way don't you feel that life has come back full circle for you after so many years? Finally, you are being interviewed on your films and performance rather than what is happening in your personal life?
Thank you for saying that (smiles). Yes, it is indeed a great feeling. I am so happy and grateful for this amazing change. I intend to keep it this way by only focusing on my one true love - Acting!
* Riteish Deshmukh talks link-ups!
"So, who is left now actually? Jackie is done so perhaps now it's going to be the turn of Akshay. Or may be even Sajid", winks Riteish, "Is that the headline we are going to see next - 'Akshay and Riteish in a romantic rendezvous'? Now how is that for something really imaginative?"
* Rahul Bose is out and about promoting The Japanese Wife.
"It is by far the best work that both I and Aparna have done together. It is something that the audience has not seen for decades. We are battling for the soul of Indian audience with this film," Bose told PTI in an interview.
* It's seems like the only member of the 3I team to have anything coming up is Maddy - Sharman has just one film in his kitty.
* It's not strictly about Bollywood but I like the idea that an enterprising artist has opened his own wax museum in Lonavala.
"We are now thinking of expanding the museum and adding maximum number of models over here," said Kandallor. He added that while the eyes of the figures have been made of glass and chemicals but for the eyebrows, hair, and eyelashes hair of human beings have been used.
Okay, who is coming with me to visit this the next time I am in India?
* So, we all know I'm not a huge Lara Dutta fan but there is something kind of tragic to her interviews.
"Most films that I have done are multi-starrers. But at the same time every role that I have taken in these films are very distinct, essential and indispensable," Lara said.
Yeaaaah... no comment from me on that one.
* And the Lara Dutta attitude of cheerful optimism is infinitely preferable to the entitled whining from a certain starlet who was in a certain film that didn't do too well.
"You sometimes realize that in the industry when you think that you are doing something with just the right intent, your friend should also help you out when an opportunity arises. But hota aisa hai that he/she may not always come forward because commercials come in your way. Here, casting decisions are due to economic decisions and people believe that right casting will end up bringing in money."
* I really like the idea of Nana Patekar and Ranbir Kapoor as BFFs but I don't think Ranbir will be confiding anything in Nana after this happened:
But the fact that Nana's blunt speak could cause Ranbir public embarrassment had not been foreseen by the younger actor. So it happened on Saturday in Delhi during a public event for Raajneeti. In front of media persons, Nana declared Ranbir had no faith in the last film that starred Ranbir and Katrina, namely Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani. For a minute there was a stunned silence among the stars of Raajneeti, especially Katrina who tried not to look anxious and embarrassed.
Poor Kat!!! But you know, I didn't have any expectations for APKGK and it ended up being one of my favorite films from last year.
And troubles keep mounting for the Rajneeti cast - the were prevented from attending media events in public places in Delhi.
Here's some good old fashioned Southie masala to start the day off right - Vaada!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl