Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday! Newsday!

Good morning! Let's see what the PR people in Bolly-town have stirred up for us!

* The reason behind the Akshay No. 1 Ladies Fan Club... Akshay Kumar gave an interview for Bollyspice!

How does it feel to still be called one of the hottest guy in Bollywood?

Was I ever called that? If so, I'm hugely flattered!


This iz my question! I iz a serious journalist!

* Akshay's
Housefull director Sajid Khan continues to amuse me by positively comparing Housefull to 3 Idiots!

Quite honestly I would be disappointed if Housefull does not do record breaking business. Heyy Babyy released in 2007 and Housefull is arriving in 2010. In 3 years, business has grown tremendously. I am extremely confident about the film because I know that the biggest hero I have here is the screenplay. This is a kind of movie that people would enjoy watching 2-3 times. For any blockbuster, it is a bare minimum requirement to have repeat value. This is what I kept in mind when I wrote Housefull with three other writers. 3 Idiots wouldn't have been such a huge blockbuster if people wouldn't have seen it 2-3 times.

* AR Rahman wants a
global stage but I think he's going to be disappointed if he thinks there will be a significant percentage of non-desis in the audience for his US tour.

* Govinda is diplomatic about his role in
Raavan.

“I did the role because my wife Sunita told me to. I’m glad I listened to her. Although mine is just a guest appearance, I’ve learnt so much working with Mani Ratnam. It was like going to an acting school, something I had never done in my career.

I was simply a student on location. I surrendered completely to Mani Sir’s vision. I really don’t care how big or small my role is. To me,
Raavan is a new beginning.”


* Ajay Devgn is pragmatic about
politics.

"I think power corrupts people. People who want to do good things...once they come to power, all become corrupt. You can't just blame the politicians. Where do they come from? From our society, we bring them. If they become corrupt, then we are corrupt, society is corrupt. Whom do we blame?"

There is the guy who made
Halla Bol... Ajay has a very serious side for sure.

* A development company wants to build a
Sholay-themed resort at Ramanagar and environmental activists are out in force.

* Somebody was teasing Katrina Kaif with boxes of her
favorite cakes.

* John Abraham is
back in business with a whole pile of films!

RAAVAN Trailer!!


I cannot WAIT for this!

Arshad and Shilp's salsa trailer!

9 comments:

Anishok said...

Filmi girl....I love you for bringing sexy, bearded Arshad in my dreary Tuesday! Guh.

ajnabi said...

I just left a comment on So They Dance about how surprised I am that Raavan flew to the top of my "most anticipated" list on the strength of a few stills and two short trailers. But seriously. CANNOT WAIT. For either the Tamil or the Hindi version.

eliza bennet said...

Even though I don't like Abhi's entertainment persona anymore, he has this strange power over me when he is on screen. Inexplicably I think the man is very sexy and I love him especially when he acts all tough and macho

It is freaky because I normally go for East Asian guys who are not so all, with as less hair on face and body as possible and very clean features. Abhi cannot be any more different than this but as soon as I look at those cow eyes and those ridicilously thick lips I melt.

Michael Barnum said...

I am all a twitter about RAAVAN, and I must see both versions because too much Vikram is a good thing!

I must say that I am liking Abhi's look in the trailer...the music sounds nice also.

Christine Menefee said...

Is the salsa dance part of a tv show or a movie? A movie about a tv show? If it's a tv show, will we get to see it somehow? Is there a fan who will do what Maryah does for SRK? Filmigirl, you're currently standing in the shoes!

- Clueless but Arshadpagali!

Oh, and yes, I'm actually looking forward to Ravana too, now. I think it's the music and the promise of what Mani Ratnam can do...

Filmi Girl said...

@Christine - the promo is for a dance show he is judging that starts May 1st!!

And what does Mayrah do for SRK? If it's track his news stories, then I will do my best to be on top of it!:D

Christine Menefee said...

@Filmi Girl - That's Maryah of srkpagali.net (I'm there saving episode 9 of Living with a Superstar right now). I assume you're already familiar with it - sorry, should have been more specific. Of course she doesn't do what YOU do (who else could?)but for anyone who isn't familiar - you can find there subtitled (by angels for whom I am eternally grateful) good quality copies of complete versions of interviews and other coverage of SRK. So now that I'm becoming equally a fan of Arshad Warsi I'm longing for a pagali site for him too that does that. Dare I hope there is one? Would volunteer myself but I'm about twenty years behind, technologically.

Filmi Girl said...

@christine AcCha! You know, I am willing to expand my Arshad Index to a more lengthy compilation of dances, interviews, etc... if people are interested in that sort of thing.

cmleigh said...

I don't know about the rest of the U.S. but the last time Rahman was at the Hollywood Bowl I was pleasantly suprised to see how global the audience was. I expected to see 95+ percent desi but there were lots of anglos, asians, blacks there. I would say it was about 50-50. Needless to say The Bowl was rockin that night. A good time was had by all.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl