Good morning! Let's see what the PR people in Bolly-town have stirred up for us!
* The reason behind the Akshay No. 1 Ladies Fan Club... Akshay Kumar gave an interview for Bollyspice!
How does it feel to still be called one of the hottest guy in Bollywood?
Was I ever called that? If so, I'm hugely flattered!
This iz my question! I iz a serious journalist!
* Akshay's Housefull director Sajid Khan continues to amuse me by positively comparing Housefull to 3 Idiots!
Quite honestly I would be disappointed if Housefull does not do record breaking business. Heyy Babyy released in 2007 and Housefull is arriving in 2010. In 3 years, business has grown tremendously. I am extremely confident about the film because I know that the biggest hero I have here is the screenplay. This is a kind of movie that people would enjoy watching 2-3 times. For any blockbuster, it is a bare minimum requirement to have repeat value. This is what I kept in mind when I wrote Housefull with three other writers. 3 Idiots wouldn't have been such a huge blockbuster if people wouldn't have seen it 2-3 times.
* AR Rahman wants a global stage but I think he's going to be disappointed if he thinks there will be a significant percentage of non-desis in the audience for his US tour.
* Govinda is diplomatic about his role in Raavan.
“I did the role because my wife Sunita told me to. I’m glad I listened to her. Although mine is just a guest appearance, I’ve learnt so much working with Mani Ratnam. It was like going to an acting school, something I had never done in my career.
I was simply a student on location. I surrendered completely to Mani Sir’s vision. I really don’t care how big or small my role is. To me, Raavan is a new beginning.”
* Ajay Devgn is pragmatic about politics.
"I think power corrupts people. People who want to do good things...once they come to power, all become corrupt. You can't just blame the politicians. Where do they come from? From our society, we bring them. If they become corrupt, then we are corrupt, society is corrupt. Whom do we blame?"
There is the guy who made Halla Bol... Ajay has a very serious side for sure.
* A development company wants to build a Sholay-themed resort at Ramanagar and environmental activists are out in force.
* Somebody was teasing Katrina Kaif with boxes of her favorite cakes.
* John Abraham is back in business with a whole pile of films!
I cannot WAIT for this!
Arshad and Shilp's salsa trailer!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl