I feel like jamming out to some David Bowie this morning... care to join me?
Ah... that's more like it.
* Top Story today: Afghanistan loves Bollywood!
“Going to cinema and watching movies is much better than fighting and killing people. We are fed up with war and want peace and more entertainment to forget our past ordeals,” Sibghatullah said.
* Salman Khan is on Twitter! He's only tweeted two things but you can check them out at @BeingSalmanKhan.
Maybe he should tweet about how he is mad that Deepika is spreading rumors about them working together.
* Who loves Vivek Oberoi raise your hands?! The Prince cutie used to dub for American soaps when times were tough.
* Mahesh Babu's film starts shooting in June.
* Poor Jacqueline Fernandez is only two films old and has already tired of the gossip.
"Think about it, just because you are in glamour business doesn't mean that there should be prying eyes all around you. A relationship between colleagues is so normal in every other profession. Even if you are an accountant, you will go out with your colleague and have lunch. However, you are not necessarily linked each time around, do you?"
* Shahid Kapoor is annoyed at the journalists, too.
"Isn't it strange that people ask this question every time my movie is complete? I am asked to clarify if the director and I see eye to eye…"
He talks about Paathshaala.
"We really want this film to be seen by people because it is saying something good. I haven't done this film for commercial reasons. I don't think Ahmad (Khan) made this for commercial reasons. We just believe in what the film is saying, we wanted to reach out to people."
All I am hoping for out of Paathshaala is Lifetime Movie levels of emotional manipulation and oodles of shots of Shahid being cute with the kids. That's not too much to ask for is it?
* An erotic thriller is on the blocks next for Vikram Bhatt.
* Sajid Khan wants to film his fanfic where Akshay Kumar and Shahrukh Khan are 'parallel leads.' Funny... I think I've written that one, too...
Speaking of the Khiladi, he is doing that thing I love where he refuses to promote stuff that goes against... well, I'll let him explain:
“I am not against any company or against a brand. But since I promote martial arts and sports, I can’t be seen promoting any brand that goes against the very basic nature of sports. I can’t send out confusing signals to my fans like this. I also have a son at home who is picking up fast what he sees around."
I love imagining him sitting around thinking... this whiskey goes against THE VERY NATURE OF SPORTS! Keep on, keeping on, Akki!
* And the internal machinations of the intertwined filmi families reveal themselves when all sorts of people came out of the woodwork to protest a film based on the Nargis-Raj Kapoor romance.
* I am really looking forward to Elektra which will have Prakash Raaj and Manisha Koirala as the parents of the titular Elektra.
* John Abraham pulls an SRK in Kuala Lumpur.
Katrina Kaif on Femina
Fan yourselves, ladies... Ajay Devgn's HOT new look from Golmaal 3!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl