Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday Gossssssip!

I feel like jamming out to some David Bowie this morning... care to join me?



Ah... that's more like it.

* Top Story today: Afghanistan loves
Bollywood!

“Going to cinema and watching movies is much better than fighting and killing people. We are fed up with war and want peace and more entertainment to forget our past ordeals,” Sibghatullah said.

* Salman Khan is
on Twitter! He's only tweeted two things but you can check them out at @BeingSalmanKhan.

Maybe he should tweet about how he is mad that
Deepika is spreading rumors about them working together.

* Who loves Vivek Oberoi raise your hands?! The
Prince cutie used to dub for American soaps when times were tough.

* Mahesh Babu's film starts shooting in
June.

* Poor Jacqueline Fernandez is only two films old and has already
tired of the gossip.

"Think about it, just because you are in glamour business doesn't mean that there should be prying eyes all around you. A relationship between colleagues is so normal in every other profession. Even if you are an accountant, you will go out with your colleague and have lunch. However, you are not necessarily linked each time around, do you?"

* Shahid Kapoor is
annoyed at the journalists, too.

"Isn't it strange that people ask this question every time my movie is complete? I am asked to clarify if the director and I see eye to eye…"

He talks about
Paathshaala.

"We really want this film to be seen by people because it is saying something good. I haven't done this film for commercial reasons. I don't think Ahmad (Khan) made this for commercial reasons. We just believe in what the film is saying, we wanted to reach out to people."

All I am hoping for out of
Paathshaala is Lifetime Movie levels of emotional manipulation and oodles of shots of Shahid being cute with the kids. That's not too much to ask for is it?

* An
erotic thriller is on the blocks next for Vikram Bhatt.

* Sajid Khan wants to film his
fanfic where Akshay Kumar and Shahrukh Khan are 'parallel leads.' Funny... I think I've written that one, too...

Speaking of the Khiladi, he is doing that thing I love where
he refuses to promote stuff that goes against... well, I'll let him explain:

“I am not against any company or against a brand. But since I promote martial arts and sports, I can’t be seen promoting any brand that goes against the very basic nature of sports. I can’t send out confusing signals to my fans like this. I also have a son at home who is picking up fast what he sees around."

I love imagining him sitting around thinking... this whiskey goes against THE VERY NATURE OF SPORTS! Keep on, keeping on, Akki!

* And the internal machinations of the intertwined filmi families reveal themselves when all sorts of people came out of the woodwork to protest a film based on the
Nargis-Raj Kapoor romance.

* I am
really looking forward to Elektra which will have Prakash Raaj and Manisha Koirala as the parents of the titular Elektra.

* John Abraham pulls an SRK in
Kuala Lumpur.

PICTURE TIME!



Katrina Kaif on
Femina



Fan yourselves, ladies... Ajay Devgn's HOT new look from
Golmaal 3!

5 comments:

Anishok said...

OMFG. *jaw drops* Ajay, is that you? *jaw drops some more and drool starts to appear*.

eliza bennet said...

I like Ajay's new look :)

lvrplfc4l said...

Have you read all the gossip on Kangana gaining weight? It's her foot injury, it's for Tanu Weds Manu, even if Kangana gained 7kg(15lds)as thin as she is normally is I think she would look great.

Listening to Bowie starts any day off right, this is my usual choice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ
I love the turquoise suit he wears.

layla-aaron said...

WOW! I think I'm in lust and love all over again with Ajay. *Hugs you like whoa!* Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that. I'll be smiling all day!!!!!!!!!!

Shell said...

Whaaa! Ajay Devgan, my oh my! I might actually have to see Golmaal 3 now, which I was planning to avoid. Filmigirl - you and your evil ways!

Also, what is it with Kuala Lumpur popping up all over the place these days? Ever since I saw the Sex & The City preview I'm hearing Kuala Lumpur everywhere. Interesting.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl