Good morning, world!
I know you all want to find out what is happening in Bollywood so here we go...!
* People in NEW ZEALAND - don't miss your chance to see Kishore Kumar's son Amit host a tribute to his dad! Ticket info at the link!
* The first quarter of the year is a SUPER FLOP at the box office.
* Vidya Balan perfects the backhanded compliment!
"Rani and I have been shooting outdoors. Since she's my favourite actress from the immediately-senior generation, I am happy to be sharing camera space with her."
If I'm not mistaken Vidya and Rani are approximately the same age.
* GlamSham is not stranger to the backhanded compliment and pulls one on Akshay Kumar in this article about him charming some of the local ladies in Marathi.
Akshay struck a good rapport with the women as soon as he switched to speaking in Marathi. Finally, the village women agreed to pose with him in the photo shoot much to his excitement.
It is worth to mention here that TEES MAAR KHAN is directed by Farah Khan who initially wanted SRK in the film but he had no dates to offer her.
Really? Is it really worth mentioning that Farah Khan wanted Shahrukh in an article about how cute Akshay is? The poor guy can't catch a break in the media!
(Here is a proper write up of the cuteness and includes a picture of Akki with the village ladies!!)
* The same tag line was used in this article on how Katrina and Kareena both turned down the Tamil remake of 3 Idiots but it doesn't have the same zazz. Leaving out Sharman Joshi is not really the same as rubbing Akki's face in the fact that he is doing SRK's leftovers.
It is worth a mention here that Aamir Khan, Madhavan and Kareena Kapoor starred in the original version.
* And the last of the backhanded compliments, Sajid Khan and the Housefull crew enjoy mocking Deepika!
Adds the source, "The Housefull gang called Deepika 'diplomatic' and 'goody-goody'. At one point, when the heroes ragged Sajid about being harsh with Dippy during a shoot, the director shot back that he had to, as he didn't want to waste excessive film on her re-takes.
He made jokes about how long it took her to give a perfect shot. And while the cast present on the show made their retorts when made the butt of jokes, the OSO girl couldn't even defend herself."
* Salman Khan rejects a role as being too young for him. Now, if only we could get Aamir and Saif to understand that they are no longer 25.
* Katrina Kaif fights againt female infanticide and does extra work for Rajneeti! Kya superwoman hai!
* Ranbir Kapoor doesn't get Twitter.
And finally, a present courtesy of @Kirantt on twitter!
One Helen, Two Helen... THREE HELEN!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl