It may be raining outside but I'm wearing a cherry red skirt so the watch out, Thursday!
* I really like Sushmita Sen! She talks about her latest project - a beauty contest called I Am She:
What kind of a winner are you looking for in ‘I Am She'?
Through this platform, we are looking for a girl who is a representative of the 21st Century. She should be good academically too because the winner of our contest will not only get glamorous prizes but also a scholarship. We have a few scholarships already with us — one is with The Milan Fashion Week and another with the New York Film Academy. This is the first time such a scholarship is being announced wherein another country will sponsor her education and provide her with food and shelter. If she wants to join Bollywood, she is welcome; I too did so. But I want them to also look for other opportunities — if they want to be a political analyst or a microbiologist, great.
* Tanushree Dutta says that the lesbian-angle of Apartment was all just made up by the PR department. Considering all the fuss made over Neetu Singh's fake-lesbian photo shoot last year, they probably knew they would get press. This whole thing feels so dirty...
* Yash Raj's financial woes have forced Kabir Khan to put his latest script on hold. Why they would do this to the guy who brought them on of their only hits last year... they must be in real financial trouble.
* Choreographer Saroj Khan defends Bollywood!
Speaking to reporters at the press conference of Chak boom boom yesterday, Saroj Khan didn’t like the few media volleys thrown at her. She appeared pretty upset when of the scribes asked a very pertinent question whether Bollywood is having too much influence on today’s kids.
An irate Khan chided, “I don’t agree with this. We earn our daily bread from Bollywood. For decades, our industry has embraced classical dancing. Don’t degrade Bollywood by such comments”
* Bollywood Hungama delivers the goods - a hilarious interview with Sajid Khan!
"Everybody who watches films for entertainment will like my films. I'm not talking about the art house cinema goers and the one to two percent of such critical critics. I have seen so much change in Akshay, not as an actor, but as a performer too. His sense for comedy is like a clean slate. You can write something and rub it off and again write. He absorbs a lot. More than anything else, I have yet to see any actor do a better comic role than Akshay when it comes to slapstick comedy. What Kishore Kumar used to bring on table with his physical comic roles, Akshay brings the same."
* We're getting two heroines for Double Dhamaal! At the insistence of Sanju and Arshad, apparently...
* Are Saif and Farhan now frenemies?!
* John Abraham refuses to promote 1-800-Love.
And a MOVIE TRAILER - Tere Bin Laden starring Pakistani Rocker ALI ZAFAR
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl