Let's do it, to it!
* Top Story Today: Salman Khan is still on Twitter.
You know, I think we in cyberspace - especially us gori-types forget just how popular Salman Khan really is. The news coverage of his tweeting is really incredible.
* Ashutosh Gowarikar is looking for a new face to play Buddha in his new film.
"I need a fresh actor who can portray the innocence of Prince Siddhartha and the compassion of the enlightened one. This is why we have this worldwide search. I welcome actors from all over the world to visit our website, http://www.buddhamovie.com download the sample scenes and upload their audition videos and pictures.”
* It's model Diana Penty in Imtiaz Ali's new film with Ranbir. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?
* Shahid Kapoor continues to deny that Paathshaala has any similarities with any other film made - like ever.
Well, since you are so excited about the film, can you also confirm if the film is akin to Mohabbatein meeting 3 Idiots? After all the promos give that impression.
(Comes up with a hearty laugh) Now that's the most original reference that I have heard. Maine Taare Zameen Par ka reference point toh suna tha but yeh first hai! Come on, there is no similarity here. We had shot Paathshaala well before the release of 3 Idiots. On the other hand, Mohabbatein was a love story about three students. Haan yaar theek hai, yahan bhi ek school hai but then that's about it. When people watch Paathshaala, they would realise that there are no similarities with anything that have seen earlier. May be as a journo, you want to come up with an angle but sorry, I don't see any broad generalisation here.
* Hollywood cutie Sendhil Ramamurthy loves Ekta Kapoor!
How is it working with Ekta Kapoor?
I wasn't even aware of the fact that Ekta was involved in the project till about two weeks till I got to Mumbai. The whole project was brought to me by the directors. I wasn't even aware of Ekta. But, once I met her, I was in awe of her. She is someone who I really admire. She absolutely knows what she wants in life. She was incredibly warm and hospitable; Tusshar Kapoor and Ekta threw a wonderful party, a truly unforgettable one! I really admire Ekta Kapoor for the person that she is!
* Love Story 2050 is screening in London as part of a sci-fi movie fest. If you haven't seen it yet - don't miss out!! Just show up at the interval to watch the 2nd half - the first is painful.
* Shahrukh Khan proves to have an eye for talent (yet again) - Shahana Goswami is playing his colleague in Ra.1.
[T]he source says, “Shahana plays Shah Rukh Khan’s colleague and both are videogames designers. She plays an important role wherein she helps in taking the story forward by helping SRK’s character. She is young, lively and suits the character to a T. She will be sporting a completely new look for the film.”
* 1-800-Love is delayed.
* Our Prince is getting a retiring from Bollywood? (Say it isn't sooooo!)
* And an interview with My Favorite Arshad Warsi!
Was working with Vishaal Bhardwaj an eye-opener?
Not really. My eyes are always open. It’s just that one doesn’t get too many opportunities to do the kind of work one wants to. When one does, you see it and know what he is capable of. I’ve just started tweeting and Twitter has opened my eyes to a whole new world that I was unaware of. (Laughs) There are people out there who actually find me awesome. They like the rough, sexy look
Yes, yes we do!
Hottie Riya Sen on Maxim
Housefull press meet!
SUPERSTARs Ka jalwa!
And VIVEK promoting Prince!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl