Good morning, all! Asha Bhosle was amazing at the concert last night - it's absolutely criminal that it wasn't housefull. What part of living legend did people not understand?
Anyways... moving on to Bollywood gossip...
If you feel like looking up information on Kites today, let me warn you - DON'T. Some unscrupulous "journalists" have put spoilers for the movie end in the headlines of a bunch of articles and while @iHrithik has jumped on twitter to say that the rumors aren't true, the whole thing just leaves a nasty taste.
The entertainment industry press depends on the entertainment industry for its very existence, so to pull this kind of nonsense is really, really stupid. Why not just title the piece, "Kites Ending Leaked" and then spill it towards the end so that the audience can know to avoid the article if we don't want to know?
* Subhash K. Jha liked Paathshaala but I think I'll wait for DVD - sentimental weepies go over just as well on the small screen. And it's easier to turn off, which might be happening if the Mumbai Mirror's review is anything to go by.
* My Name is Khan is getting edited down by 35 minutes for the 'international' release - word is that all the pre hurricane stuff is getting axed.
* Vivek is pragmatic about link-up stories...
"See, when I started off around 7-8 years back, it was a different story because such stories were being plugged by producers, PRs and the marketing machinery", recollects Vivek, "However, today it's a different thing altogether. Anyone in media stands up and starts a story by itself believing that eventually since a story like this would anyways be rolled out, no one would point a finger at them."
Well, the Prince isn't done with Prince yet! They're getting a big name lady for the sequel. I hope it's Bips!
* Bebo has not yet signed that Marilyn Monroe film.
* Bobby Deol hopes a horror film can give his career a boost.
AND OH MY GOD! I cannot wait for Ravaan!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl