Good morning, everyone!!
Top story today (and everyday): HELEN!
She is back and ready to dance!
Helen has done a salsa and jived in the famous Goan folk song, "Bom Bom Bombay Meri Jaan", which had been remixed by Nikhil Kamat from the duo Nikhil Vinay fame. The situation of the song arises when the family is playing passing the parcel in the film and it stops on Helen because of which she has to dance.
Zeenat Aman, who plays her bahu in the film, tries to rescue Helen, because dancing could cause unnessary exhaustion at her age but the saasu refuses to acknowledge that she is too old to shake a leg and says in the quintessential Helen style, “Mujhse achcha item number kaun kar sakta hai? In haddiyon mein abhi bhi bahut dum hai...” and starts performing.
* Riteish Deshmukh talks romantic-comedies...
"Raj aur Rahul ka toh abhi kuch pata nahi abhi tak", Riteish gives a full throated laugh here, "See, I have lived in the generation of Shah Rukh Khan and it is a part of the upbringing to be familiar with Raj and Rahul. I am sure for people belonging to Shah Rukh's generation; it would be the character of Vijay that would have enjoyed similar status. Personally, for me it is great if I am playing a romantic character today."
* The John Abraham-Genelia D'Souza starrer Hook Ya Crook has been dumped by UTV.
* The Tanu Weds Manu director loves Kangana's softer figure - an unintended result of her injury!
And she's a natural dancer, too!
* Vivek Oberoi is pleased by the response to Prince!
* Sajid Nadiawala was threatened by gangsters!
* Abhay Deol is getting scuba-certified for Zoya's new film.
* This is an interesting piece on the problems filmmakers still have trying to get actors to play gay roles in Bollywood.
AND FINALLY!!! The trailer for Prabhas's Darling!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl