Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Gossip!

Good morning, my darlings! What is in store for us today...?! You'll never guess! There is such goodness...

* Top Story today - Duggu to romance Bella! (
That's KStew and Hrithik in Shekhar Kapoor's latest film.)

* I know a lot of you don't like her but I think Katrina Kaif is SO CUTE!

She's releasing an album of
children's songs inspired by her niece.

And she'll be playing
Madhubala in the Kishore Kumar biopic!! YAY!

* Mallika Sherawat's
Hisss is finally releasing at Cannes! I've been dying to see this one - it's directed by Jennifer Lynch!

* Dia Mirza is
quitting Bollywood.

(cue cricket chirps)

* Maybe she can find work with Ram Gopal Varma, who is working on
a million new scripts.

"But the moment I start working on an idea with a writer, it'll come out to the media. I'm at any given point of time developing 10-12 ideas with my writers... For that matter people know only five [ideas/scripts], actually I have 10 more."

* Sunny Deol doesn't do
remakes. There are so many jokes just waiting to pour out on that one but I'll be good and resist.

No... Ah... Sunny Deol is a remake of Dharmendra! Bad, Filmi Girl!

* Apparently, Akshay Kumar is not happy about some comments made by
Karan Johar on the nature of the films that Akki does.

* And Shahrukh is furious as Yuvraj Singh for insinuating that SRK and Karan Johar are a real life
Dostana - as in the movie.

* Aishwarya talks about her role in
Raavan!

* Akshaye Khanna is fond of
sulking. No, really. Also, click the link for the worst/most hilarious picture of Akshaye's hair ever.

* Neha Dhupia continues to charm me by picking projects like
this one where she plays a dacoit.

* It's Akshay Kumar's turn for the
celebrity diary on mid-day.com!

11:15 am: Hope Tina does not kill me... got the kids a lot of horror toys they had asked for... scary masks, fake blood capsules that burst when you squeeze them, whistles etc... Heh heh! Aarav plans to use them on Tina.

Suck it, K.Jo.! Akshay is clearly awesome!

* And finally, Amitabh Bachchan cannot do anything without getting protests from somewhere - this time it's the Tamil diaspora protesting his visit to
Sri Lanka.

7 comments:

never-evil said...

I've liked Katrina ever since APKGK and her Beautiful People interview!!!

Do you really think she can pull off acting like Madhubala FilmiGirl? Just curious...I mean I like her but I don't know about her acting abilities...

Temple said...

The sublime Madhubala to be played by Salman's bit of fluff Katrina. WTF? That is just ludicrous. Katrina has, I admit, worked on her Hindi but nothing will give her talent, acting or dancing ability, let alone the charm of Madhubala. Jeez Bollywood, you're losing the plot. Make one movie I will want to see, someone, anyone!!!!

Filmi Girl said...

@never-evil @Temple I actually do think Katrina can do it - she has this smile that lights up the screen just like Madhubala did. :)

I should probably just start the Katrina No. 1 Ladies Fan Club and be done with it. Hee!

honeycombveils said...

Wow, what money will do to some folks - Shekhar Kapur is seriously not thinking straight. Kristen Stewart is 20, Hrithik is 36, and although there's probably very few women who'll turn him down this is a glaring age difference that bugs the hell out of me.
Okay, I understand cashing in on her popularity but aren't there slightly older tall and fair actresses out there? What bull.

ajnabi said...

That's a pretty standard Hollywood age difference too, though. I mean, Hrithik doesn't look his age. I think it'd be fun, if it isn't all just talk.

Liz C said...

Maybe Hrithik can give Kristen some tips on good posture.

Tady Rox! said...

OMG!! the horror!!! Why?? when has Kristen proven herself to be a good actress...i hope this is some kind of cruel joke!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl