Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Gossip!

Although there is a Friday every week, it still arrives as a pleasant surprise. "Oh, I don't have to go to work tomorrow? And all the new movies come out today? Is this some sort of magical day?"

Well, it's magical that
Housefull releases today!! Reports are that the film is mostly hilarious with Akshay and Riteish in top form but that Lara, Deepika, and Jiah are a bunch of wet noodles. So... pretty much what I was expecting. Why do people keep casting Lara and Deepika thinking that they can create chemistry? Just cast them as bikini eye candy and have done with it - leave the romance to Bebo, Kat, et. al.

Let's hit the gossip!

* Akshay Kumar is ready to do
another film with Priyanka.

"I'd love to work with Priyanka Chopra again. Mujhe koi aitraaz nahin hai. But I'm only doing comedy films these days. I don't know whether she wants to do a comedy film. Even Farah Khan's Tees Maar Khan is a comedy."

Honestly, I'd prefer if Piggy Chops didn't work with Akshay again because I try to avoid her films as much as possible (because of, you know, her terrible acting) and you all know I see every Akshay film to come out...

Have I told you enough times that I love Akshay Kumar? Well, I love Akshay Kumar! He's just so...
sweet!

* And look what ye olde Google Alert dredged up - a story about
some tension over Hum Tum aur Ghost. Interesting...

“Maria interacted with everyone on the sets except Dia. Maria once threw a birthday party for a unit member and invited everyone including Dia, who refused to come. However, later, Dia locked herself in a room and howled to Arshad that Maria was insecure and had not invited her. Arshad’s been known to haul up his unit members if Dia complained that they weren’t doing things right.”

* I'm so tired of Barbara Mori and I haven't even seen
Kites yet - part of it is the fascination the press has with her just because she is foreign. This interview is fairly typical:

"Then I saw some Bollywood films and realised there’s a lot more dancing and singing than we have in Mexico. I found it funny in the beginning. There was a scene where Hrithik is supposed to have blood on his body, then there were these singing and dancing sequences - it was a little funny, yet I was quite fascinated. Now I look forward to more Bollywood movies."

* Poor Katrina Kaif misses
her family.

“It’s just me alone at home... and I honestly don’t know what to do. I’m alone so I don’t bother with my meals.”

I hear that - we single ladies have it tough sometimes. That's why I go out with my friends for dinner! Kat, next time you are in town, I'll take you out!

* Dharmendra is going to play Esha Deol's
on screen father! They are really going all out to re-launch Esha... and while she may be a perfectly nice person, I can't help but feel that this energy is better spent on other projects. Esha Deol is like Uday Chopra - just not cut out to be a mainstream success.

* Vikram is
way cool!

"For many days I had to shoot simultaneously in both the languages. It was amazing. I would do a sequence then I would go and change the make-up, take out all the dirt and blood, put another design of dirt and blood and do a sequence for the second language. Usually make-up takes an hour, but for this film here I had to get ready in 10 minutes to finish the fight sequences," said Vikram.

* Our Lady of Bebo is playing a
Pakistani spy in Agent Vinod. Somebody call Sunny Deol!

Word on the street is that she is playing a
Dhoom 2-style spy, which could be good but the Pakistan aspect worries me. Think masala, Saifeena, think Dhoom 2 - do NOT try to pretend this will be a "serious" film or I will hunt you down and play Jack Bauer.

Have an adorable behind-the-scenes from HOUSEFULL! I can't decide what my favorite part is - Riteish teasing Sajid Khan? Akshay practicing his pelvic thrusts? The background goris looking baffled?

9 comments:

ajnabi said...

I thought Lara was *hilarious* in Jhoom Barabar Jhoom but haven't liked her in anything else, mostly because her projects don't particularly appeal to me.

At least Barbara Mori isn't waxing ignorant about Bollywood a la Martin Whoever from B&P ("they're naive!" dude, shut up). I mean, if what she caught was Yaadein she was right to be amused. ;-) But I hear you on the foreigner fascination. I got tired of it with Freida Pinto's interviews over here too.

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi Lara was okay in Partner - I thought JBJ was really boring and never finished watching it. ;P

I just don't understand WHY people insist on making these non-actresses into romantic leads. Just have them sashay on in teensy outfits and leave the romancing to Rani and Bebo.

/rant

dayshaze said...

Between the Piggy Chops hate and fawning over Bebo and Kat, this post is a world of no (but I love you anyway, FG.)

Akki is growing on me. I've only ever really enjoyed him in Heyy Baby... I hope Housefull does well. He needs a hit.

Filmi Girl said...

@dayshaze It takes all kinds... :)

{And my kinds think Ms. Piggy Chops is only slightly better than Deepika in acting abilities.)

dayshaze said...

FG, have you SEEN Love Aaj Kal and Bachna ae Haseeno? Deepika, while wooden in OSO, was absolutely amazing in both of those films! I think she's honestly getting better.

IMHO, Priyanka's always been good. She's no Kajol or Rani, but she's talented enough. LOVED her in Dostana - she's actually quite funny.

Even Bebo has a modicum of talent, but her offscreen personality is so... difficult... (I'm trying to be diplomatic), that is takes away from her screen presence.

And Kat couldn't act her way out of a paperbag.

Just my 2 cents. Agree to disagree, no? I still think Deepika is better tan at least Kat.

Filmi Girl said...

@dayshaze WHOA! We are totally going to have to agree to disagree because I thought Deepika was really, really awful in Bachna - she was okay in Karthik and tolerable in OSO but better than Kat?! Not in my books. :)

Basically (IMHO) Kat in Namastey London >>>> anything Deepika has ever done.

And I find Priyanka really grating. I thought she was wooden in MSK, Dostanta, Bluffmaster, and Krrish. The only thing I've ever liked her in was Salaam-e-Ishq...

dayshaze said...

FG, we're never, ever, ever going to agree. I couldn't even get through Salaam-e-Ishq because stupid Salman Khan had so much screen time in that movie.

Glad that you're so cool with individuals who have contrary opinions to your own. Some bloggers would be quick to erase the comments.

Filmi Girl said...

@dayshaze I think it helps that I long ago realized that nobody ever shares my opinions on things... XD
If I deleted everyone who disagreed with me, I'd have a really boring blog... :D

honeycombveils said...

I can't believe what a big deal they're making of Barbara Mori. Yes, she's very lovely, and she might be a big star in Mexico(where many of the Telenovela actors are, in fact, big stars) but this gushing adoration is a bit too much - I'm inclined to think it's mostly for publicity reasons anyway.
Hrithik is really almost star-struck in his interviews when he mentions her, like he's a 16 year old with a crush. No wonder Sussane is joining them in the US premiere tour. I'd be kinda suspicious, too...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl