Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Gossip!

Good morning, all!

Posting is going to be a bit light this weekend because I'll be attending the TWILIGHT CONVENTION!

(Because I'm just that awesome.)

Have a Friday gossip post!

* Top Story: Ram Charan Teja
says:

“Why do I need to be in Bollywood when I have such a large base here? The amount of publicity and financial support that is given to us in the south cannot be matched in Bollywood."

*
Aisha is releasing August 6th!

*
This review of Kuch Kariye is hilarious - and probably more entertaining than the film.

Years ago, my friends often shot amateur videos involving themselves on a handycam. Dancing on popular songs and mouthing the same lines that were popular then, the amateur videos would be played amongst friends during a chilled out evening or during one of those relaxed evenings. The laughter while watching the amateur videos still resonates in my ears.

And
this review has the subtitle "brain hemorrhage."

* People interested in the non-lesbian drama
Apartment should know it's releasing online. Apparently, it's based on Single White Female. *sigh*

* John Abraham refuses to
grow a moustche for his Southern remake.

* Read an interesting take on
Bollywood casting.

Bollywood does multi-starrers. It swears by casting coups. But as stories get more realistic and less dependent on ‘star value’, the industry has begun to care about getting the ‘right cast’. And casting directors like Kishanchandani and Nandini Srikent (Luck By Chance, Karthik Calling Karthik, Wake Up Sid, Rock On!!), Atul Mongia (Love, Sex Aur Dhoka) and Abhimanyu Ray (Chak De! India, Teen Patti, Yuvraaj and Rocket Singh: Salesman Of The Year) have expertly slipped into the new role. Mongia put together a cast of unknown faces for Dibakar Banerjee’s latest film that got as many stars as the critically-acclaimed director. Luck By Chance won the Star Screen award.

* Will
Raavana be premiering at IIFA?

7 comments:

ajnabi said...

Awwww, John! Facial hair is HAWT when it's Southie! C'mon! ;-)

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi I KNOW! If Salman can rock one for Dabangg than John should just suck it up!

ay said...

maybe he just can't grow one and is putting up a front...

Filmi Girl said...

@ay You make a very valid point - Is John Abraham able to grow a mouche? ;D

Ness said...

AHAHAHAH I wrote that John Abraham thing for Bollyspice! awesome!

I think he can grow a mo. I think he probably would look a bit pimp with one. Maybe Bips is putting her foot down?

Simran said...

I love John just the way he is, I would say no to a moustache too! ;)

filmizest said...

Is this for Kaakha Kaakha remake?...I am still in shock they cast him, if it was guatham himself directing I may have more faith....anyway moving on, I think he shoud grow a mustache. Look at how hot Arshad looked in Ishqiya. it's not a bad idea.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl