Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday GOSSIP!

Yes! You know what day it is... PRINCE-It's SHOWTIME!

* Mr. Vivek "Prince" Oberoi is all over the place talking about
stuff!

Would you agree with Karan Johar that wrong marketing was the cause of Kurbaan's debacle?

Whether it is the story, acting or marketing, no one knows the formula to make a hit film or the reason behind a flop.


I think he hit on all three right there. *ba-dum!* I'll be here all night, folks!

And I know you want to see the saucy image accompanying
this post on Vivek's romantic side!

Stardust calls Prince... "red, hot, and spicy!!! Yum!

Sadly, it looks like
Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai is yet another film not making it here to the USA, so I'll have to wait for DVD to see the cuteness of Riteish and Jackie together again.

And, seriously,
JKSAH sounds super-cute!

* Read about the picturization for
"Nacha Mein"!

Or read my
music review of the film!

"Nacha Main" sounds like the Sajid-Wajid we all fell in love with back in the Partner days. Sonu Niigaam sings "nacha main" like it's serious business, but don't let that fool you - this bhangra flavored foot stomper may not be very original but it is a lot of fun. Sajid-Wajid keep the tempo pumping!

* John Abraham and Asin are going to be paired in the remake of a Tamil film called
Kaakha Kaakha!

* Congratulations to Rambha, who just
got married!! She will continue to work!

* Sad news - Namitha is taking a
break from acting.... *sob sob sob* I'll miss you Namitha!!

* Is Kat going to do the Tamil remake of
3 Idiots?

* Vidya Balan has been approached to star in the
Silk Smitha Biopic - which sounds AMAZING!

Director Milan Luthria says, "It would be premature to reveal on record who's playing the lead. But yes, I'm directing The Dirty Picture for Ekta Kapoor. I was bowled over when I read the script. The story has everything. It's a mirror of our times. Silk Smitha was a cult figure in her times. She spawned so many imitations including Nylex Nalini and Disco Shanti. In fact, I worked with Disco Shanti in Najayaaz when I was assisting Mahesh Bhatt saab."

* If the picture from
this post is a production still from Action Replayy - which it appears to be - I don't know how I can keep waiting for this film to come out!! Seriously! Akshay and Aish both have so many films coming this year that I'm just dying to see.

* Like
Ravaana - and it turns out that Abhi's character is based on Maoist leader Kobad Ghandy!

Is it me or is 2010 shaping up to be super-fantastic?!

Has anyone seen this Bollywood Gossip Spoof show "Bollywood Nonsensex" starring the world's cutest Juhi Pande?





Aishwarya Rai on the cover of
Hello! (Hel-loooooo, Aishwarya!)



And the Women We Love cover of
Filmfare.... and I'm trying really hard not to comment on the fact that one of these ladies really, really has not proved herself worthy of sharing cover space with Hema Malini and Rekha. Really hard.

12 comments:

Anishok said...

...one of these ladies really, really has not proved herself worthy of sharing cover space with Hema Malini and Rekha. Really hard.

I don't know who you mean, but I think TWO ladies don't deserve to be up there - Sonam and Deepika. Cause, really, what did those two ever do except for posing preetily on pages of various magazines? I can even agree on Deepika to represent the generation next, but Sonam? Puh-lease.

And where are Madhuri, Juhi, Kajol, Aish, Priyanka, Vidya, Konkona or even Katrina for crying out loud! Last time I heard Katrina was THE most popular female actress among the guys...

I'll stop ranting :)

eliza bennet said...

Yeah I felt the absence of Katrina!

And Deepika looks like a big headed alien, really what is wrong with that girl? , luckily Rekha is kind of scary so they almost even each other out.

Kudos to Kareena and Hema looking the best and striking the best pose.

I can't manage to like Vivek (I tried) but am very eager for Prince since I'm one of the few people on internet who actually liked Race a lot.

ajnabi said...

Oh, I love Kaakha Kaakha! I really don't know if it'll be as good without Surya and Jyothika, though. They are ADORABLE together.

And I am *so* on the outrage side with the "Women We Love" cover. I mean, really, Filmfare? How many hit movies has Sonam had? Oh, that's right, NONE. How many releases has she had? Oh, that's right, TWO. At least Extraterrestrial Runway Escapee has been in a couple of hits through no fault of her own. And can I add that I hate that Karisma's behind Kareena? I'd like to see them side-by-side.

Filmi Girl said...

@anishok @eliza @ajnabi I know, ladies!! Where was Kat?!

And doesn't it show how much I've grown that I feel that Deeps has at least as much right as Karishma to be up there but Sonam? Nahin. Nahin, Nahin, Naheeeeeeeeeen!

Anonlee said...

filmigirl, where have you been? That is an on-set picture of Aish and Neha from Action Replayy during the making of the Holi song. Here is the making of the song video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_qvJhxh65o

The FF cover selection is ridiculous. Sonam and Deepika should not be there and where are the stalwarts - Kajol, Aishwarya, Rani, Preity, Madhuri, Tabu, etc.

Filmi Girl said...

@anonlee Clearly I'm falling down on the job - I need to set up some better Google alerts. :D

honeycombveils said...

Don't the Filmfare people have better photographers? None of these women look their best, and it does look like it's a badly done photoshop collage. Awful! And then there's that dazzlingly beautiful pic of Aish.. Oh, that girl!

lvrplfc4l said...

The cover was shot by Dabboo Ratnani and his facebook site comments on shooting them together.
My big problem with the photo is what stylist but Deepika in that dress. When you look at the photo her dress upsets the composition of the photo completely. Everyone else seems to be stylish, classic but her. Now for all we know Karisma's dress could be just as off but we don't see it. As for who they chose to photo that may come down to who's schedule worked but I like the generational theme,Waheeda-Hema-Rekha-Karisma-Kareena.

lvrplfc4l said...

Also, before I forget if we are talking Women who Dazzled us where is Sridevi.

Anita said...

Oh god, if Kat had been on that cover, I would have blown through the roof! :P Sonam and Deepika are borderline acceptable, but Kat...just NO. Woulda lost my shit, thankfully Filmfare has some sense...

Can't wait till I get this issue in the mail!! :)

Filmi Girl said...

@anita You are a strange, strange girl but I love you anyways... ;D

never-evil said...

LOL loved the Bollywood Nonsensex segment!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl