Good morning, all! Another yucky, rainy day here - I wish I was soaking up the summer heat in Bombay but I'll just have to put another sweater on and deal with it.
Let's hit the gossip!
Actually, let's start with this interesting piece that went back and spoke with some of the African American actors who were in My Name is Khan.
In the bigger picture, Lee said his perception of the way African American people were shown in the film’s landscape changed the way he saw the impact of his character: “After watching the film there’s a homeless black dude and then there’s the whole Wilhemina Georgia scene with the mammy ['Mama Jenny'] and the picaninny ['Funny Haired Joel'].
"I think the only Black character of any status would be the president, which is based on reality, that’s not something they made up, that already existed. If the president were still George Bush, then George Bush would have been the president. If McCain had won, the president would have been McCain. So we have the heroic black president because that’s what reality is right now. But based on the Wilhemina scene and the homeless black dude, I don’t think that there would have been any heroic black character in the film [if Obama weren’t president].
* Trisha thinks Akshay Kumar has been a good teacher for Bollywood acting.
* Priyadarshan must be glad that he has seasoned professionals like Trisha and Akki in Khatta Meetha because he is doing four films this year and I can only imagine how tiring it must be to work with newcomers.
* Read about how Dia Mirza thinks her link-up rumors are good publicity.
But then doesn't all of this come with the territory of being an actor?
Ok, so all of this does come with a territory and as actors you have to get used to it. But then in a lifespan of being an actor, for how many times can you continue to defend yourself? It does hurt after all when you hear about your untrue romantic tales.
Well, it's not so much what she says as the fact that she gives an entire interview about it.
* Speaking of link-up rumors, Sussanne is accompanying Barbara Mori and Hrithik on their promotional tour of the US.
* Abhay Deol wants to Save the Bears!
* SRK and Hrithik are now BFF according to the author of this article.
Now both the actors are the best friends and confirming the buzz Hrithik says, “We have our wives to thank for this. Gauri and Sussanne are very close. And yes, in a way they have brought Shah Rukh and me closer. Shah Rukh has always been extremely warm even when we were not so close. I have come to respect him for that.”
Slow news day?
* This is the sweetest and saddest thing you will read all day: Ricky Martin inspires Nepal's gay community!
"We are absolutely joyous that Ricky Martin has honestly revealed his sexual orientation," said Sunil Babu Pant, the Himalayan nation’s only openly gay celebrity who is now also an icon for the sexual minorities in South Asia. "The coming out of celebrities helps the cause of grassroot lesbian, gay and third gender people. It raises their self-esteem and makes society regard them with a more positive attitude."
Are you listening, closeted Bollywood stars?
* Mumbai seems set to capitalize on Bollywood as a source of tourism. And about time!
* Cutie Aarya Babbar got carried away on the sets of Tees Maar Khan!
* Bebo has lost out on a role in the Kishore Kumar biopic because they've cast Ranbir!
* Sonam and Shahid are going to be shooting in Scotland - but also, hilariously, the producers didn't realize Sonam is taller than Shahid.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl