Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Okay, okay, guys - I'm still polishing up my review of the Atif Aslam/Shreya Ghoshal concert but I promise it soon! (And, seriously, he is such a rock star. Go check out the show if it is coming to your part of the world!)

Now then, let's start with some fangirling over Arshad Warsi and
Hum Tum aur Ghost!

It turns out that the guy with the strong personality had a few...
differences with Kabeer Kaushik, the director of Hum Tum aur Ghost.

Says Arshad:
"Kabeer's interpretation was tilting more towards serious, while I wanted it to be a light entertainer. So we decided that let the editor [Steven] decide what's best for the film. We decided to step out of the editing suite and let him take the decision."

The words 'light entertainer' are like music to my ears...

Meanwhile, the usual suspects are falling all over themselves trying to prove
through code that Arsahd and Dia are dating.

Look, gossip journalists, I get it - I do. You need to find things to write about to fill the 24 hour news cycle but for the love of God, stop making stuff up about how every hero/heroine are dating in real life, too!!! You're as bad as the
Twilight fangirls who need to believe that Robert and Kristen are soul mates.

So, gossip journos, unless you have some real juicy evidence, try making up something else for a change because above all else... fake link-ups are BORING. Maybe Arshad is a superhero at night! Or Dia moonlights at a hospital doing surgeries to help the poor! (Feel free to use either of those, as long as you attribute them to an unnamed but devastatingly beautiful source.)

Dia Mirza doesn't need me to stand up for her, though!
She says:

“When I'm asked what I feel about being linked up with my costars, I’ve only one thing to say, actresses are not prostitutes.”

And this one made me smile! A certain actor has been getting a lot more
female attention post-Ishqiya...

Okay!! Moving on to other things!

* My girl Hard Kaur (call me!) is going to be the host of
IPL Rockstar - a music reality show.

* Among other things, MNS is calling for Bollywood to only use
desi item girls.

And here is their explanation of the extortion threats against Ritesh Sidhwani:

“They were falsely implicating our boys. They all belong to well-to-do families and had gone to the studio to check if the 136 foreigners working there had proper permits”.

* The explicit sex scene in
LSD will be blurred.

* Sajid Khan kills me. I agree with
what he is saying for the most part but does he have to be such a jerk about it?

"My point is that critics make a difference only to small films because they thrive on positive reviews. However, that’s not the case with big films. My own Heyy Babyy is a living testimony to that. It was one of the Top 3 hits of 2007 but do you remember that most critics had written it off. It’s a similar phenomenon in West as well. Transformers didn’t get more than 2 stars anywhere but it has done a business of more than 800 million dollars at the box office. No, I am not saying that it’s a great film but all I am saying is that eventually it’s the numbers that count."

* A complete
Bollywood novice watches Love Aaj Kal and asks the same question we always do around here:

Love Aaj Kal is an entirely lively movie and I wondered why these types of Bollywood films don't have a wider audience when comparatively dopey movies like Mama Mia do so well in the US?

Also, yes, hilarious Bollywood novice, the old-timey guy and the modern guy with bodies like Mario Lopez are the same person: Saif Ali Khan. 'Harleen' is a Brazilian model and is an entirely different person from Deepika Padukone - the latter is an
Indian model.

STYLE WATCH!!! Check out some very cool
T-shirt designs! I want one of everything!

And because it's opposite week around here regarding Deepika Padukone, I am full of rage over
this bitchy comment from my old nemesis The New York Times regarding her appearance at Lakme Fashion Week.

This season, the sibling designers Shantanu and Nikhil scored the A-list actress Deepika Padukone, difficult to recognize having put on a few extra pounds, who closed their Adidas-sponsored sportswear show.

Really, NYT? Difficult to recognize? I certainly didn't have any problems figuring out who she was.



And what extra pounds? She looks perfectly slim and healthy! God, I hate the mainstream American press.

This reminds me that I forgot to post up my Part 3 of Lakme... better late than never? Yes? (And read
part 2 and part 1 of Lakme!)

And how about some pictures!!

Lovely Aishwarya Rai at the
Rettaisuzhi music launch!







She is still divinely gorgeous...

And The Star CINTAA Superstar Ka Jalwa show!!!!



Hair plugs are looking good, Salman!





The Akshay No. 1 Ladies Fan Club wishes she could have been there...

(Pardon me while I pass out for a second...)



SHAHRUKH!



And the Big B rolled up Shotgun Sinha style! Love it!

5 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

Wow, can't believe that comment about Deepika's weight. Just... wow.

Filmi Girl said...

@Daddy's Girl Isn't that incredible?! Those kinds of comments just make me so sad...

Christine Menefee said...

I've discovered the best use of the NYT is for making blackout poetry. Take a stupid article like that and choose words and phrases you like, and black out the rest. End up with something you like, usually on a totally different subject. Great therapy for dealing with mainstream press! Trouble is you DO have to look at the original first. Thanks for slogging through it for me and reporting back - much appreciated.

E said...

Y'know... This article just reeks of arrogance and I have the feeling that this guy was totally phoning in his review.

He complains about the lack of A list stars, but completely fails to mention the gorgeous Bipasha (another A-list actress, which apparently escaped his notice - maybe the diamond necklace she wore blindsided him), and also the major designers like Manish Malhotra, Varun Bahl and others... I mean, what was this guy watching?

And what really bugged me was why does a quintessentially Indian designer have to be compared to a western one in order to get points.
Can't the beautiful clothes be judged on their own?

I adore the Indian fashion shows so this one really got my goat..

ajnabi said...

Well, we *are* talking about the New York Times here. The same publication that shared this prize gem with America: AND herein lies the genius of J. C. Penney: It has made a point of providing clothing for people of all sizes (a strategy, company officials have said, to snatch business from nearby Macy’s). To this end, it has the most obese mannequins I have ever seen. They probably need special insulin-based epoxy injections just to make their limbs stay on. It’s like a headless wax museum devoted entirely to the cast of “Roseanne.” Such. An. ASS. And they can kiss mine on Deepika's behalf.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl