Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Gossip! Extra Long Edition... so much news!

Welcome to Tuesday! I know, I know... it's seems like only yesterday that it was Monday but there you go!

Shall we see what is happening with my current Bolly-crush? Yes, of course I mean Arshad Warsi!

* Read
an interview with an overly snarky reporter who was probably mad that he wasn't off leching at Dia Mirza.

So...you're in demand again Arshad. Finally taken seriously by directors?

I try to do some serious work and I hope the directors take it seriously. Unfortunately, films like
Ishqiya and Munnabhai come my way very rarely and I do not understand why. I fail to answer that question. Nobody wants to offer me a role even after I've proved myself over and over again. But I guess, that's my destiny and I quietly accept it.


And this is why Filmi Girl is hosting Arshad Warsi week!

Also, folks, there will be an Arshad Warsi Live Chat over at
Bollywood Hungama tomorrow at 3pm IST - which means that I have to get up at some ungodly hour to stalk participate!

But there are other stars in the galaxy!

* Sanjay Dutt has all but confirmed... wait for it...
Munnabhai Chale America!



This trailer has to be one of the most brilliant bits of marketing - even with nothing to promote, I still love it!

* Sajid Khan is
pissed that people think Housefull is based on some Hollywood film that nobody can name.

"Please, let me state once for and all that my name is Sajid Khan. I don't copy, I create."

Dude, I feel you! And you know what? Around the time
Housefull is released, I will put up on my blog a pdf of the essay I wrote that says approximately the same thing.

Also, you can check out my
Housefull MUSIC REVIEW - spoiler alert: I loved it!

Mika Singh and Sunidhi Chauhan tear it up on Aapka Kya Hoga (Dhanno). The driving beat doesn't let up for a second as Sunidhi beckons the people on the floor to "come and get some more" and Mika lets his voice crack a bit with the effort of breaking it down. This one is a real foot-stomper and by the time the bhangra drums come in towards the end, you will be shouting "Balle Balle!"

* Rani and Aditya caused a bit of a scene by
making a public appearance together!!

* Fans of American Idol's Season 8 Finalist Anoop Desai should know that
he is dropping a new track!

“'My Name’ has a double meaning. On one hand, it’s a response to kids that used to make fun of my name when I was little. I wanted my first contribution to be something that said, ‘Hey, my name is now cool, not something to be ashamed of," Anoop says. “It’s also about false bravado."

* Vivek Oberoi is
starting rehearsals for Kingdom of Dreams.

Says Vivek, "I guess I'm a very lucky guy. I got to woo three ladies in my new film Prince and now these two ladies in my play. 'Kingdom Of Dreams' is unlike anything we've seen in this country."

Also, Mr. Personality took time to
attend a long time fan's wedding! How sweet!

Vivek told us from Ferozepur on Sunday, "I have always had a special and different kind of connect with all my fans. Chandan may have been a fan at one time but today he's like family, so when he said I had to be present at his wedding because I am like his elder brother, I couldn't refuse."

*
Dev.D is going to the Copenhagen Film Festival.

* And Abhay Deol is confirmed to do a political film with
LSD director Dibakar Banerjee.

*
This article about how everybody in Bollywood hates Frieda Pinto is hilarious.

“I am not sure if I want to watch the next bond film anymore,” he says in a reaction to the Frieda signing. Well, Frieda knows where not to go when she is hunting for roles in Bollywood.

* The Big B talks to
the AP:

"I hope they don't change," he said. "I know that the West is very critical and very cynical about our content, being too fantasized. But that hasn't deterred us from making the kind of films we make."

"I don't think we deliberately go out and make films so that somebody from another nation would come and watch it. ... We would lose our originality and I would like to maintain that," he said.


* Enjoy an interview with the cutie-patootie
Juhi Chawla!

You are famous for your smile. Don't you ever get angry?

People keep telling me that I smile all the time. Be it in professional or personal life, I always try to maintain a good feeling around me. I do get angry, tensed, upset…I do cry…but that's mostly when I am alone.


* IMPORTANT UPDATE on
Shahid's Vestgate - namely that OneIndia has embellished the original story to make it seem like Shahid was actually doing it all on purpose!

Shahid didn’t want to wear the vest despite being told that the producer of the film, Aditya Chopra, specifically wanted him to wear that vest. Finally, director Parmeet Sethi had to arrange for a half-sleeved white t-shirt. Only then did Shahid agree to shoot. Now whether this was his desire to look perfect or if it was just to harass the film’s unit, only Shahid can tell us…

Also -
chandelier crisis on the sets of Badmaash Company!!! Oh no! Somebody call Shweta!

* Is Asin doing the Malayalam remake of
Bodyguard with Vijay?!

* A very happy birthday to
Kangana Ranaut! This is going to be a fab year for her with Kites and Once Upon a Time in Mumbai coming out!

“Bollywood plays by its own rules. It is never about your talent here. It is always about which hero is romancing you on screen. I’m super-confident about my talent but if you judge me only by which heroes I’m working with, then you may argue that I’m not even in the race. However, as far as I’m concerned, my career has gained momentum. And, I’m making the niche I need to."

Oooo! Snap! Kangs is not one to hold her tongue!

* Read an article on
the growth of the fairness cream industry.

The implicit assumption by many is this: the whiter the skin, the more attractive you are.

India's skin-lightening cream industry gets ever more lucrative.

John Abraham, a top Indian actor and model, says: "Indian men want to look better."

And he should know. The market is booming like never before. Launched way back in 1978, Hindustan Unilever's Fair & Lovely is the leader in women's lightening skincare, while Calcutta's Emami group leads the male equivalent with its brand, Fair And Handsome.


* And here is an important one for me and the @iamsrk fangirls:
sleepingtime.org helps you figure out when your twitter obsessions are most active.

PICTURE TIME!!



Mr. Personality himself promoting
Prince!




And Vikram looking politely interested but secretly wishing he was dishooming some bad guys at a cloth store.

3 comments:

ajnabi said...

ROTFLOL Poor Vikram is staring at that pile of cloth and thinking, "I need a drink. Or four."

Vestgate: The Story Continues is getting more and more awesome. Side note: how annoying is ToI's overlay ad? I want to poke them in the monitor for daring to assault my eyes that way.

Liz C said...

To be fair, maybe Shahid requested a t-shirt with sleeves because he was worried that a chandelier would scrape up his biceps. Safety first!

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi I'm also not a fan of BW Hungama's annoying auto-play videos or Glamsham's popups. Ick.

I'll be following Vestgate 2010 closely - clearly this is going to be the next big story in Mumbai.

@Liz C LOL!! Who knew that those dual-staircase chandelier house sets were so dangerous?!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl