Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Gossip! (Back to Work Edition!)

Good morning, all! Yes, I'm back in business and ready to go back to work!

It's been a nice vacation but all good things must come to an end...

* Sonu Sood
broke his nose on the sets of Dabangg.

* Deepika Padukone pretends that she understands how
onscreen chemistry works.

"You can't create chemistry by any means. Either it is there or not there. In fact half the battle is won if you have the casting correct."

So... Deepika is admitting that she's been incorrectly cast in every film you've been in?

* Bipasha and John might be
getting married soon!

* Vivek Oberoi requests a delay of
Phoonk 2 so it won't conflict with Prince - in which he will be romancing three ladies.

* Shahid Kapoor plays with
puppies!

* The press is still trying to stir up a trouble between Farah Khan and Shahrukh over
Tees Maar Khan.

* Sonu Niigaam is channeling
Hrithik Roshan's Jesus look. (Click on the link at your own risk!)

* Poor Rani Mukerji isn't doing
very well.

* Siddharth says he is the
Shahrukh Khan of Telugu films!

"I do a lot of romantic roles in Telugu films. In fact when people say you are the Aamir Khan of Telugu films, I say I am the Shah Rukh Khan of the film industry. I do all the 'Tujhe dekha toh ye jaana sanam' type of sequences in Telugu."

* It's looking like Aamir
will be doing the Kishore Kumar biopic.

* Sonam Kapoor is missing Lakme Fashion Week because she is
shooting.

And our token American editorial from
the Wall Street Journal: "The Terror of Bollywood."

Over the top? Yes, some of these films definitely are. They're movies with big, bold emotions, featuring characters who care openly about their cause, whether they're extremists trying to destroy the country or vigilantes trying to save it ("A Wednesday!" 2008). Indian films tackle the big questions: What motivates someone to commit mass murder? Can a terrorist be reformed? And can even a suicide bomber love, or be loved? By contrast, even Hollywood's most engaging efforts on the subject, like the TV show "24," are more about plot and pacing and getting to the bomb in time.

Let me just say that it is very refreshing to see an editorial in an American outlet that mentions
Dil Se and Black and White.





Akon and Shahrukh jamming out!





Bips and Saif out at the races...

7 comments:

ajnabi said...

I love Bipasha's top! I wonder if that story about Rani is true... Seems like they got someone's cell phone pic to illustrate it. LOL Oh, and this? So... Deepika is admitting that she's been incorrectly cast in every film you've been in? Made me laugh out loud, literally. (I am mean. Mean.)

Filmi Girl said...

Oops! I actually addressed the comment TO her and then changed it to 3rd person...

But, still!! If she is going to go around making comments about size zero and 'no chemistry' without self awareness, I can't just let it slide... ;P

(And to be fair, she did have mild chemistry with Farhan in KCK...)

Bombay Talkies said...

Is it just me or does Saif Ali Khan look a little bit like Roger Federer in that pic? I don't normally dig the man-tail, but I sort of like it on him. (Ok, I like ANYTHING on Saif. Because I lurve him.)

MsBlogger said...

Haha at your thoughts on Deepika's acting...

Shahid just can't get any cuter can he!

If Bips and John got married and had kids, they could go in for those worlds highest muscle content in kids contests!

lvrplfc4l said...

I see Chance Pe Dance showed up in my instant queue on Netflix today for all the Shahid fans.

honeycombveils said...

What's wrong with the shaggy look? Sonu Nigaam looks kinda cute with it.

Tady Rox! said...

PLEASE!!! SOMEONE CUT SAIF'S HAIR!!!!!!!!!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl