Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Gossip!!

Good morning, all! I hope people aren't feeling the post-St. Patrick's Day hangovers too bad this morning.

Let's hit the gossip to maybe ease the headache a bit...

* Kajol is going to have a
baby!!

* Katrina Kaif
collapsed on the sets of Tees Maar Khan!

Get well soon, Kat!

Maybe she was tired from her
secret trips to New York City!

* Hrithik's sister gets
secretly married.

* Akshay Kumar talks about
his recent films!

“Let me think… Housefull is going to make you laugh (ridiculously)… Action Replayy is going to make you say ‘Ahhhhhhhhh’ (in more ways than one). Patiala House is going to make you cry (so much that you are going to want to go back home to your mom and dad and tell them how much you love them). Khatta Meetha is going to make Priyadarshan win awards (and maybe me too!!) Now that would be unique! And Tees Maar Khan is going to make you say ‘WOW’ again and again.”

* Arshad Warsi finds being a producer
tiring:

“Yes, but when have you seen me around, doing so many interviews? I don’t.. And now, I think its all thanks to my co-stars. Vidya used to be all over, promoting Ishqiya, and I would have to accompany her. Now, thanks to Dia here. They both are more than ready to be everywhere to promote their films, and I know that’s a good thing. But it is tiring, yaar."

* More on the foreign actors being hassled by
MNS.

I hope this blows over soon because lovely Kalki Koechlin has been cast in
Zoya Akhtar's new film!

* Jackie's
alien spaceship in Janne Kahan Se Aayi Hai is going to be full of tricks!

Says director Milap Zaveri:

"The film is targeted at kids and young adults and hence it was imperative that we bring on enough funny moments that would keep them engaged. For that, we worked a lot on Jackie's character and one such quality about this character is that she carries her own spacecraft wherever she travels. It does come in handy for her and while her friends on Earth, most notably Riteish Deshmukh, are quite baffled by how she makes it possible, it is this nice little trick that she has up her sleeves that makes it really work for her."

We all know the film is going to make or break on Riteish Deshmukh's
comedic timing:

What about comedy? The audience seems to love the Ritesh Deshmukh brand of comedy.

There are various kinds of comedy that I’ve done — slapstick, poker-face, village comedy or cool comedy like
Bluffmaster. You know it’s fun to be part of such films because apart from making the audience laugh, you end up having a lot of fun acting out the part as well. But the one thing that I would love to do now is a spoof, which I haven’t done so far. So keeping my fingers crossed.


* A.R. Rahman will be
out of India for much of 2010.

* Boxing film
Lahore has been denied release in Pakistan.

* Karan Johar zings film critics
pretty hard:

"Film reviewers in India use witty language and nasty one-liners while reviewing the film. Before doing so they need to understand the basics of cinema, of filmmaking as there reviews decide the fate of a film."

Um... dude. Maybe we already understand film, which is why we pick apart things like
Kurbaan...

* Bipasha's look in
Pankh is based on Sophia Loren.

* Sanjay Gupta's publicity material for
The Great Indian Butterfly was stolen!

* Shahid Kapoor is going to shill for
skin whitening cream. UGH!

Cleanse your palates with some SONG PROMOS!

From
Housefull: "O Girl"



YUM!! Shirtless Akshay Kumar is the perfect way to start the day...

Adorable title track promo from
Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai:



And Arshad Warsi breaking it down in the
Hum Tum aur Ghost title track promo:



Somebody get this man a dance show!

6 comments:

ajnabi said...

Shirtless Akshay, not to mention shirtless Riteish! Who knew?!

That's cool about Miss Kalki getting cast in Zoya A's new film. I'll be interested to see what she does with her.

Anishok said...

Bipasha's look in Pankh is based on Sophia Loren.

Bips is my Grandpa's favorite, because of her resemblance to Loren. XD

E said...

"The attractiveness of fairer skin"? Oh, Shahid... I guess the money just blindsided his good sense for a minute...

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi EEEE! I know, right?! I cannot wait until Housefull - let other people worry about 'artsy' films. I know what I like!

@anishok That's really funny! I never drew the connection before...

@E UGH! Fairness ads are all over the place in India. I genuinely had no idea how pervasive the cultural prejudice against dark skin went until I visited... :(

Ness said...

Even living in a country like NZ, with a dark skinned indigenous population and all the Europeans paying good money to look tanned, the fairness cream thing is apparently pervasive here too. I found a cool Indian mega-supermarket in the capital and the freakiest thing was the shelves and shelves of fairness creams (which up until then, my friends had thought I had been joking about).

Housefull: shirtless Akki = YAY! And Hum Tum Aur Ghost looks fab!!

Ameya said...

I cant believe Nysa is 7 already!! I feel old! O_O

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl