Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Gossip!! Rainy Day Edition!

Hello, all! Are you ready for another week? Me neither! Let's just enjoy the time we have left of Sunday...

First up, I'm
already tired of articles formed around celebrity tweets that are not by Veraciously.

Riteish Deshmukh wasn’t the most comfortable in the darkness but he did manage through it. He tweeted, “The only light tht helps me is d Black berry screen. This earth hour definitely feels like the longest hour.EDISON tera lakh lakh shukr hai”

If people wanted to know what Riteish said on Twitter, they can look it up themselves!

* Bollywood is back in Kashmir - and it's not the ill-fated
Lamhaa, either! Saat Khoon Maaf, the Priyanka Chopra Marries Seven Husbands film, is shooting there!

* Rahul Bose talks about
Aparna Sen:

So do you think this film by Aparna will impress the audience?

Definitely, without a doubt yes! This directorial venture is a completely different one from what Aparna had done before. If the audience liked the love story in
Mr & Mrs. Iyer then the double the amount of people will love The Japanese Wife.


* Dia, Dia, Dia... never say
this:

"I'm in a position today that if I don't get the right role, I can sit at home for six months and not do a film that I don't believe in."

Translation: Nobody is offering me anything but Bikini Girlfriend roles.

Find yourself a play or an indie film, darling...

* As we all know, I adore Arshad Warsi. You should, too, because he says stuff
like this:

"I'm ready to direct. It's a film called Akadd. It will be a very realistic, quirky action comedy. I won't be beating up 25 people in the film. The style of acting, dialogue delivery, the actors' body language would all be life-like. The heroine's role is very very important."

Did you catch that?
"The heroine's role is very, very important."

(Dude, if you need somebody to, for example, document the process of making the film a la "Confessions of a Bollywood Love Thief" just let me know... *waits by phone*)

Also, Amitabh Bachchan gracefully turns a compliment about Arshad Warsi into a delightful
compliment to himself.

Observe:

“[Hum Tum aur Ghost is a] delightful film beautifully made, and exceedingly well performed by Arshad. Many are perhaps unaware that Arshad Warsi is an AB Corp discovery and got his first film with us. He has, to his credit, never ever forgotten that and continues to acknowledge and express his love for the family always, particularly Jaya whom he continues to address as his Mother.”

And as long as I'm fangirling Arshad-ji again, let me also add this hilarious exchange from Twitter about my one of my favorite Bollywood aunties.

arshadwarsi2010:

HTAG is out 2moro, Mr n Mrs Bachchan love d movie n r proud of me :o)-Dia n i worked for 36 hrs with 2 hrs nap-what a girl-was my strength

fizah02:

@arshadwarsi2010 hey so hw hapi n proud of u!n big b likd it! thts th seal of approval ryt thr! :) jus curious,wud he say if he ddnt lyk it?

arshadwarsi2010:

@fizah02 Mrs Bachchan would

L.O... and might I add L. Yes, yes, she would. Thank you fizah02 for helping to clarify that for us.

Dudes, I totally love Twitter! It's like one big public chat room!

*
This Malayalam film sounds amazing!

The buzz is that the thread of Amal’s Anwar is based on “Love Jihad” with Prithviraj playing a Muslim youth Anwar who lures Mamta a non-Muslim and converts her and later makes her join his terrorist outfit.

We all know I love films about terrorism... (and I'm not being sarcastic, the terromance is one of my favorite genres.)

* Read an
interesting conversation with Pooja Bhatt!

She was the darling of the gossip columnists, her openness about her personal life sparking many a feeding frenzy. "I remember Shah Rukh calling me and saying 'Pooja, you're on 11 magazine covers. What are you doing? It's a bit ridiculous.’ I said, 'I'm not doing anything, I'm just speaking my mind'."

* You know else is pretty awesome:
Neha Dhupia.

'People asked me backstage, 'when are you getting married?' But I was like, marriage is way too far in the future for me to even think about it,' Neha told IANS in an interview.

'In fact, the thing that made me nervous the most about walking the ramp is that I was looking like a bride. What makes me nervous is the thought of marriage, what makes me even more nervous is walking the ramp... So it was a very bad combination,' she said.


A woman after my own heart! Commitment = not for me.

* Shruti Haasan is doing her next film with....
Suriya!!! AR Murugadoss is directing!

I'm actually looking forward to Shruti's next films. I know
Luck tanked but there was definitely potential in Shruti - I don't blame her for the poor writing of her character.

Good luck, Shruti!!

PICTURE TIME!

Shahid Kapoor and Ayesha Takia on a location shoot for
Paathshala!



If she retires from movies, I'm going to cry!







6 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

I love the Pooja Bhatt piece... she forms one of my earliest Bollywood memories... as a child I came across some magazines with her in some pretty risque (for that time) poses, saying some pretty frank things... and I've never forgotten the impression she made. I love her boldness, I love that she took risks and didn't allow society to dictate to her, and that she has no regrets.

Filmi Girl said...

@daddy's girl She is pretty fantastic!

I love her boldness, I love that she took risks and didn't allow society to dictate to her, and that she has no regrets.

Something we all should aspire to! :)

Christine Menefee said...

"Amitabh Bachchan gracefully turns a compliment about Arshad Warsi into a delightful compliment to himself." Gracefully? LOL We disagree on some things but I always enjoy learning from you. Personally the Bachchan clan kind of gives me the creeps, especially after seeing Auntiji lured into revealing herself in full arrogant mode by a skillful (and brave) journalist in an interview a while back. Brrr! An Indian Barbara Bush. Anyone in Bwood including major bloggers is wise not to alienate that lot.

And thanks to your tutelage I now fully understand Arshad-ji to be a truly major talent. You did an awesome job there. And thanks for the index - will use as I catch up. Librarians rule!

Filmi Girl said...

@christine

And thanks to your tutelage I now fully understand Arshad-ji to be a truly major talent. You did an awesome job there. And thanks for the index - will use as I catch up. Librarians rule!

YAY! Thank you so much for the compliment! This is what keeps me blogging - I love when I can turn people on to new things. :)

And, as much as I love reading about the Bachchans, I would be terrified to meet any of them. I agree with you 100% there.

Anonlee said...

There are lots of people in BW who give me the creeps:

Kapoor Clan – Babita, Kareena, Karishma, Ranbir, etc and now Saif who looks pervy

KJO/SRK Clique – a lot more going on than meets the eye. Waiting for the memoirs.

Salman/Katrina – what is the real story? Where did she come from? Who is telling the truth?

Deols – hmm, convert falsely to Islam to practice polygamy. Okay that’s real normal

Roshans – just seem like weird people. Loved the termite invasion story.

Christine Menefee said...

Oh, Anonlee - so much to look forward to! The more I learn, the more I know I do not know :D Trust Filmi Girl will tell all. Termite invasion story? Must do homework.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl