Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Gosssssip!

It's another bright and beautiful day here in Washington, DC!

Soccer games start up in a couple of weeks, which is always the sign that winter is over! I love warm weather and hanging around outside... the winter is the worst.

Anyways, let's see what's happening in that global hot spot... BOLLYWOOD!

* I think every day should start off with a charming interview from
Rani Mukerji!

“It is wonderful being a man and to feel like a man and get attracted to beautiful women. It was a dream role because I could never imagine in my life that I would cross dress as a man. I also got to experiment with cricket, a sport I had never played in my life. I trained for eight months and fell in love with the game. And, of course, being a man and tying your hair up in a turban was the most relaxing part!“

Aw, baby, you can get attracted to me all you like - cross dressed or not!

* And another from my favorite Bollywood twitterer
Arshad Warsi!

How important do you think Ishqiya has been for your career?

Well, I have gained confidence with every film I did and yes,
Ishqiya is special. I can say it is one of the milestones. However, nothing seems to have changed as far as industry's attitude towards me is concerned. I haven't come across any big solo offers even after the success of Ishqiya. So, I'm still riding at my own pace and think I still have to prove my self.


You don't have to prove yourself to me, dude! I knew you were a superstar before
Ishqiya and you're still a superstar now!

(And
Star Box Office has another interview with a gallery of pictures of Mr. Hottie Warsi dressed up in suits... *fans self*)

* Ajay Devgan has a
phenomenal year coming up with Rajneeti, Once Upon a Time in Mumbai, Garam Hawa, and Golmaal 3.

* Dev Anand lectures SRK on his
smoking habit!

* Vivek Oberoi is going to be doing
theater! Specifically, a musical remake of the Dilip Kumar starrer Azaad.

And we're all still waiting for
Prince - which is coming in the middle of IPL but producer Kumar Taurani says:

"Our film is coming in the middle of the series. What we calculated is that the IPL craze is at its peak in the first two weeks and during finals; so there will be a dull period in between when we will release our film."

I cannot wait for this one!

* Are
Ra.1 and Raavan confusing people?

Well
Raavan is almost done and Ra.1 is starting in Goa very soon.

* Bebo's Pakistani billboards are
a hit!

* K.Jo. says the final cast of
Dostana 2 will be released at the end of MARCH! Shooting starts this summer!

2 comments:

Anishok said...

Can't wait till the Arshad week starts! Meanwhile, thank you for the fanservice :D

cmleigh said...

I'm looking forward to Hum Tum Aur Ghost. Arshad and Boman will be great together.

I liked the Rani interview. lol! How scary for her mother back then. “Punjabis and Bengalis make a great combination; even marriages between them are lovely,” said Rani, relating an interesting episode about how she was exchanged with a Punjabi baby at the hospital and her mother had to fight to get her back.

“I still have to crack the code whether I am a Sardar or Bengali,” she said.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl