Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Gossip!

So... last night I showed a friend - total Bollywood virgin - the one and only Jab We Met and she loved it!

I then showed the infamous (around my house) "Naach Meri Jaan" which took her from "FG, you're kind of weird" to join me in "I wish he grabbing
me like that" territory.

Finally, there was The Screening Of The Songs from
Dhoom 2, which I had to preface by saying that I didn't think Dhoom 2 was a good movie. I just like it.

Verdict: Hrithik is hot and Uday Chopra needs to DIAF.

Verdict for entire evening: SUCCESS!

Verdict for May 7th: I have somebody to go see
Badmaash Company with!

Moving on to news that is not about my (amazing) life...

* Hrithik Roshan is singing a song for
Kites (song debuts March 29th!) and talks about it:

How much did you enjoy singing and will you be singing more for your films?

I think yes, I enjoy singing. But then there are so many people who enjoy singing even though they can't sing. Everyone likes to sing, it's something natural in all of us. I have been singing myself to sleep whenever I am stressed out. I just sing any song like a broken record and keep going till I feel some relief. Then I go to sleep. After listening to this entire story, Anurag Basu has sort of shown it to the world.


Hands up who would like to be present at the daily performances of the Hrithik Sings Himself to Sleep Variety Hour?

* Oh, Bollywood - you give and give and give. Today's amazing gift comes in form of
this story about Salman Khan personally supervising Sonu Sood's abs.

Says Sonu, "Everyone knows when two guys do an action scene especially if they're bare-chested, they work out harder before the sequence to make sure each one's body is in the best shape."

Salman has not only exercised rigorously for the climactic fight but he has also made sure Sonu Sood looks his best on camera.


* Rekha-ji will be
returning to the big screen.

* Sharman Joshi has finally hit the
big league: ubiquitous ads.



* A discussion of the
Indian models currently in vogue, laughably refers to Lara Dutta as 'fuller figured.' If Lara Dutta is fuller figured, then I must require a fork lift to be removed from my apartment.

For the love of Namitha, what is wrong with people?



This is called 'oomph' factor, folks.... *drool*

*
I Hate Luv Stories: releasing July 2nd!

* Bips is pulling a Katrina and doing a
make up free role in a film about honor killings in Bihar.

* Karan Johar says some stuff about
LSD but more importantly, the article refers to Taran Adarsh as 'an acclaimed critic.' Really? Wow! I had no idea the Golden Kela was considered so prestigious!

* Aw! Kangana Ranaut is middle class enough to be
shocked by the prices of designer goods.

* And, apparently, Jaya Bachchan proclaiming Dilip Kumar to be the
last great superstar is more important than the event she said it at. I sorted through a few news stories to find that this remark was made as Jaya-ji was talking to a group of female reporters about the Women's Reservation Bill. She is skeptical about it, in case you were wondering what her thoughts about things besides Dilip Kumar were.

6 comments:

pardesigirls said...

(correct account this time)

The Hrithik Sings Himself to Sleep Variety Hour? Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!
I'm thinking a new celebrity-hosted show is in order.

shahs86 said...

Jab We Met, eh?

I had a friend that was a Bollywood virgin, showed her Om Shanti Om.
And the rest of her family were Bollywood virgins too... they all saw Aladin last week, and we're seeing Heyy Babyy this week.

Maybe I should try Jab We Met.

PS... Why the Uday Chopra hate? He wasn't that bad in Dhoom or Dhoom 2. As long as he's not the only guy (Neal & Nikki needs to be erased from history), he's good to go.

Filmi Girl said...

@pardesigirls Hee hee! I agree 100%... oh to be a fly on the wall for that... :)

@shahs86 She really liked it - it's a straightforward story, good songs, not too much OTT comedy.

Heyy Babyy might be a tough sell - you'll have to let me know how it turns out!

And as for Uday... just ugh. About 15 seconds after he showed up in "Touch Me Don't Touch Me" (or whatever that song is called) my friend was all, "What's up with this guy? Get rid of him!" and I had to explain about how we would like to expect for that pesky nepotism thing which keeps him employed.

ajnabi said...

Jab We Met hasn't failed me yet (although it has failed veracious--must be a difference in the Finnish character, ha) in providing me with a steady stream of new converts to Bolly-love.

What do you think Hrithik sings? A Yash Raj medley or two? B & W standards? Songs only from his own films (I'd like to see him crooning "Kaho Naa... Pyar Hai" while Sussanne buries her head under a pillow and groans, "Duggu, just STOP it for the love of God, it's called Ambien," while he talks to her between lines, "Kaho naa pyaar hai, Sussanne, I've told you, Kaho naa pyaar hai, my body is a temple, Kaho naa pyaar hai... And I'll never pollute the temple--Kaho naa pyaar hai!--with drugs!")?

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi It really is a good - and universally understandable - film!

Also, I enjoyed your scenario of the Roshans' bedtime very much.

I like to think that Hrithik only knows the songs that were picturized on him. Jadoooooo!

d said...

Even if I wouldn't go so far as to say DIAF, Uday has always perplexed me. Nobody at all can possibly like him, right? How can the Chopras think that, just because they can put UC in films, it can possibly be a good idea?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl