So... last night I showed a friend - total Bollywood virgin - the one and only Jab We Met and she loved it!
I then showed the infamous (around my house) "Naach Meri Jaan" which took her from "FG, you're kind of weird" to join me in "I wish he grabbing me like that" territory.
Finally, there was The Screening Of The Songs from Dhoom 2, which I had to preface by saying that I didn't think Dhoom 2 was a good movie. I just like it.
Verdict: Hrithik is hot and Uday Chopra needs to DIAF.
Verdict for entire evening: SUCCESS!
Verdict for May 7th: I have somebody to go see Badmaash Company with!
Moving on to news that is not about my (amazing) life...
* Hrithik Roshan is singing a song for Kites (song debuts March 29th!) and talks about it:
How much did you enjoy singing and will you be singing more for your films?
I think yes, I enjoy singing. But then there are so many people who enjoy singing even though they can't sing. Everyone likes to sing, it's something natural in all of us. I have been singing myself to sleep whenever I am stressed out. I just sing any song like a broken record and keep going till I feel some relief. Then I go to sleep. After listening to this entire story, Anurag Basu has sort of shown it to the world.
Hands up who would like to be present at the daily performances of the Hrithik Sings Himself to Sleep Variety Hour?
* Oh, Bollywood - you give and give and give. Today's amazing gift comes in form of this story about Salman Khan personally supervising Sonu Sood's abs.
Says Sonu, "Everyone knows when two guys do an action scene especially if they're bare-chested, they work out harder before the sequence to make sure each one's body is in the best shape."
Salman has not only exercised rigorously for the climactic fight but he has also made sure Sonu Sood looks his best on camera.
* Rekha-ji will be returning to the big screen.
* Sharman Joshi has finally hit the big league: ubiquitous ads.
* A discussion of the Indian models currently in vogue, laughably refers to Lara Dutta as 'fuller figured.' If Lara Dutta is fuller figured, then I must require a fork lift to be removed from my apartment.
For the love of Namitha, what is wrong with people?
This is called 'oomph' factor, folks.... *drool*
* I Hate Luv Stories: releasing July 2nd!
* Bips is pulling a Katrina and doing a make up free role in a film about honor killings in Bihar.
* Karan Johar says some stuff about LSD but more importantly, the article refers to Taran Adarsh as 'an acclaimed critic.' Really? Wow! I had no idea the Golden Kela was considered so prestigious!
* Aw! Kangana Ranaut is middle class enough to be shocked by the prices of designer goods.
* And, apparently, Jaya Bachchan proclaiming Dilip Kumar to be the last great superstar is more important than the event she said it at. I sorted through a few news stories to find that this remark was made as Jaya-ji was talking to a group of female reporters about the Women's Reservation Bill. She is skeptical about it, in case you were wondering what her thoughts about things besides Dilip Kumar were.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl