Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Gossip!

Good morning, folks! Spring is arrived in Washington, DC and it's making me all bouncy and cheerful... or maybe that is all the coffee I've had. Whichever it is, let's hit the gossip!

First up, oh, I don't know... maybe a little ARSHAD WARSI news!

Music reviews for
Hum Tum aur Ghost:

Glamsham likes it!

HUM TUM AUR GHOST has the glimmer of subtle romanticism with fine melodic display and packs two 'worth-hearing' soundtracks in its audio packaging. SEL's consistency and dexterity in serenading out frivolous and 'feel-good' romantic tracks revitalizes back in soundtracks like 'Dekho Raste Mein' and 'Kal Tum the Jahan'. The remaining soundtracks bring out desired situational feel with quality display and add to the playful 'ghostly' feel of the flick.

And from my friends at
Bollyspice:

The album is a complete package with the right amount of happiness, melancholy, pep and beats. There is something or the other for everyone. Those like me who were awed with the music of My Name is Khan have to check this one out. I believed that this trio always sounds the same, but they proved me wrong this time. They have taken a leap, the past influences show but in a new package.

So what if the music is not that hyped, if it's good it should be heard, and this album for sure needs to make it to your mp3 players.


Maybe I'll do my own review in time for Friday!

* Oh my God!! Amazing news (if you are me)
remember that cop movie Arshad was tweeting about the other day? It turns out that Kalki Koechlin might be in it!

Says Arshad:
"This is a kind of film which should satisfy the actor in me. Though I am yet to listen to the script in detail, I am sure Bejoy would come up with something really mind blowing. As an assistant to Mani Rathnam, he definitely knows the craft."

* And an
adorable Arshad interview with our own Stacey!

Why do you think audiences are going to love Hum Tum Aur Ghost?

Various reasons, many reasons. At the end of the day, I always feel that we are all emotional people, we are all heart, and what you see in my film is something that you have and that everyone has felt or experienced sometime in their life.


* Also, he (rightly) thinks that Munnabhai would not work without
him and Sanjay:

"Munnabhai cannot happen without Sanjay and me. People have accepted and loved us in the characters of Munnabhai and Circuit. They have a set image of the characters so without both of us it seems that the film will be incomplete."

And moving on to all those other non-Arshad celebs...

* Katrina Kaif has it bad for
Ranbir Kapoor - and who can blame the poor girl.

* The negatives for
Anjaana Anjaani are stuck in the US. Guys, if you need me to drop them off at Film City or whatever, just let me know - New York is totally in my neighborhood.

* Apparently it is
news that there is no SRK film at Poland's fourth Bollywood film festival. (Singh is Kinng is screening, though!! Any new members for the Akshay No. 1 Ladies Fan Club?)

* Kajol and Ajay Devgan might be doing a remake of
Date Night - the Tina Fey/Steve Carrell movie!

* Why wouldn't you invite Shotgun to
your party? Heck, I invite him over all the time but he never comes...

* DDLJ has been running for
750 weeks!

* Akshay Kumar is going to get a chance to flex his acting chops in Rakeysh Mehra's biopic of
Milkha Singh.

* Did Shahid Kapoor throw a
temper tantrum over wearing a white vest?

* Vintage lyricist Shahryr is
can't work in Bollywood today:

"The songs that are being made nowadays - I can't write such songs. It's not that I am against those songs but I know I can't write like that. That is why I am not writing for films any more. When a film is being made where my songs would be suitable and needed, then I will definitely write," Shahryar, now 73, told IANS in an interview.

I guess it is true that a working knowledge of slangy Hinglish is required for lyrics nowadays...

* This just in: Ekta Kapoor is kind of
awesome:

"I don't believe in being branded...I believe in clutter-breaking. Even with Balaji Telefilms we started out with something nobody else was doing. It was all about creating a bond with the audiences."

* Subhash K. Jha tackles
Love Sex aur Dhokha.

* Imran Khan and Deepika Padukone are getting
bitchy on Twitter. Tsk tsk, Imran! The journos are watching...

* Finally, Sona Mohapatra
talks Indian pop music!

Why is Indian music still unavailable on iTunes?
I recently met Denzel Feigelson. He has played a key role in setting up iTunes. On asking him about why iTunes hadn’t come to India as yet, I was shocked to hear that it’s mostly to do with the labels not wanting to make things transparent and thereby sharing possible royalties with composer creators and artistes.


Picture time!! There was a Haiti benefit and look who showed up!



Anil and Kangs!



And Aamir!

5 comments:

ajnabi said...

Awww, Aamir looks good. It's nice to see him out and about again.

LOL about Shahid and his white vest. If it's true. I'd kind of like it if it was.

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi Isn't that hilarious about Shahid?! I kind of can't wait to see this song now and I love the 'justification' of why his six pack is no more...

Archee ologist said...

whoaaa
i was in NYC this weekend. i could have totally dorpped the negatives for anjana-anjani

and while on NYC, how in the world did they shoot the 'e shona' for ta ra rum pum in all these places!!

Filmi Girl said...

@Archee Ologist Hee hee! They probably had a lot of volunteers!!

And on that note - my family calls me an "Archie-ologist" because I loved (and if I'm being honest, still love) Archie comics!!

Archee ologist said...

well, my name is archi (no 'e')

and now that i have seen NYC, i will forever wonder how they shoot movies with SRK there...! i mean, the mobs must be hard to control!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl