Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Gossip!

Good morning, all!

I have some good stuff coming up for you!! A review of the Shreya Ghoshal and Atif Aslam concert (spoiler alert: it was fantastic!) and an interview with one of the writers of the new Bollywood play
Love Times Seven!

(First things first, though, I have to do that thing where I go to work and earn a paycheck so I can afford to do things like pay my electric bill!)

Moving on to GOSSIP!

Before I get onto actual news, I've got a few
Hum Tum aur Ghost links for you! Everybody knows that I am (and have been for years) a HUGE fan of Arshad Warsi, which means that I am really pulling for HTAG because it is Arshad's first home production and he deserves a big super-hit!

My boy Joginder Tuteja reviews
the music:

Hum Tum Aur Ghost is a good album with at least a couple of numbers doing quite well - 'Dekho Raste Mein' and 'Banware Se Pooche Banwariya'. Since there isn't much time remaining for the release of the film (which would have a telling on the music sales as well), the need of the hour is to aggressively promote these two tracks to generate higher sales figures. It would be a pity if these songs go unnoticed.

I am aggressively promoting these tracks! (So, go... purchase! Listen!)

Dia Mirza is excited to be
a part of the film!

I was content with guest appearances and was convinced that only such roles would come my way, if not whole some characters. But when Arshad and Maria offered me the lead role in their upcoming home production 'Hum Tum Aur Ghost' I was overwhelmed...I could not believe.. he kept his word."

(Of course, Arshad is a trustworthy and excellent guy! Oh, ye doubters...)

Glamsham has
an interview!

Did Maria Goretti, your wife, help you with your maiden venture?

Yes of course she did. She was there at all the times - running like mad & looking after the production so as to get the every nuance right. She also took keen interest in designing costumes for the film.


And we all love a guy who acknowledges the work of his wife!

* Workers from the MNS are being charged with
extortion! Ritesh Sidhwani claims they showed up to the sets of Crooked and demanded 25 lakhs. Somehow, I not only believe this but also believe that it happens pretty often.

* Asin gets on her soap box about
Bollywood.

“In Bollywood we all are commodities, who can be replaced by another at a moment's notice. And therefore there is the need for constant compromise. If a formula works it is flogged to death, let ideas be damned.”

* Deepa Bhatia, who was the film editor of
My Name is Khan calls out Shahrukh Khan for choosing to waste his great talent in mediocre films.

"I don't understand the reason behind it. Whether he is just not interested or there is something else because he has also given some spectacular performances in films Chak De! India and Swades."

* Shotgun Sinha's son Luv is
debuting as an actor.

*
Bollywood Hungama has some really cute pictures of Farah Khan's cameo in Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai, which is turning into one of those films which I am really, really dying to see.

* Subhash K. Jha, who tends to share my tastes in schlock, is positive about
Right Yaa Wrong!

Right Yaaa Wrong is the surprise shocker of the year. If you've forgotten that jump-out-of-the-seat feeling then it's time to nudge it awake again. Debutant director Neerraj Pathak deserves a welcoming salute. He puts together a thriller that's as much homage to Alfred Hitchcock and Brian da Palma as our own Abbas-Mustan and Right Yaaa Wrong still emerges original and strong.

See, I knew Konkona doesn't pick crappy films but Sunny Deol doesn't usually star in the kinds of films that I want to see, so I was torn but now... I think I will definitely see this one!

* Enjoy a photo spread of actresses who have undergone
PLASTIC SURGERY!

Preity Zinta

This bubbly girl made her debut with King Khan in ‘ Dil Se ’. The first thing that got noticed about her is her dimples. Her natural dimples complimented her bubbly personality. However, she reportedly underwent liposuction and facelifts to look sexy and hot. Her chubby cute face in Kya Kehna and Dil Se looks different in ‘ Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna ’. With the facelifts even her dimples seems to have reduced to a certain extent.


* Abhishek wants to go to
Hollywood and, honestly, I think his understated 'serious' acting might work well there.

* Senegal's BBC Soundsystem are touring
India!



What I love about the promotional piece is how they talk about how popular Bollywood is in Africa. This is what kills me about the pundits who claim Bollywood as a regional thing and talk about wanting to go global... Bollywood is
already global! It's only us fools in Western Europe and North America who don't know it yet.

On that same note,
here is a cute story about a Bolivian cab driver who loves Shahrukh!

"I love Shah Rukh Khan and I have seen many of his movies," Ramirez told IANS. As if to prove his knowledge of the actor's body of work he mentioned ‘Karan Arjun’, ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, ‘Chalte Chalte’, ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham’, ‘Kal Ho Na Ho’ and ‘Main Hoon Na’."

* An
interview with Felicity Kendall brings up Jennifer Kendall - Shashi's wife.

“She was incredibly good at everything,” Kendal says of her beloved Jennifer, who died of cancer at 51. “She was an amazing mathematician, she sang like an angel, she read all the important books, she knew everything about music."

* I have lost all respect for Aamir Khan after his 'youthful' turn in
3 Idiots. On his 45th birthday he talks about still feeling 18 to 20. The last thing I want to hear from a grown man is how much he feels like an adolescent. It's unattractive. Enough with the Peter Pan complexes, Men of the World! You'd never catch my Arshad claiming to feel 15 or whatever!

* Raima Sen talks about
The Japanese Wife.



Mr. Peter Pan himself! Happy Birthday, Aamir! I hope you can come to terms with growing older when you take your two year break from acting.



Sonam looking wonderful - as she usually does!

3 comments:

myrna-nora said...

I love Aamir's movies, but WHY does he say STUPID things like that?! I think he can play younger than he is (40, even 35 on a really good day), but if he plays one more college age I'm going to scream! NOBODY wants him to be 20!

Simran said...

LOOL, I agree with myrna-nora. I think it's about time he realises that he's not getting ANY younger. No matter how hard the make up artists are willing to work on making it happen. Maybe he'll figure it out during his break from movies? I sure hope so. :)

Bombay Talkies said...

Aamir playing young is just as grating as Saif doing it. It worked for them in Dil Chahta Hai...but not anymore. Aamir's character's age was one of the few flaws I could find in Rang de Basanti--it made it hard to take him seriously. When he admits to Sue in the jeep that it had taken him 5 (?) years to graduate university, because he didn't want to leave, the friend who was watching with me snorted "more like 15!"

Other than that though I adore him. He's just so...good.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl