Monday, March 8, 2010

Lakme Fashion Week: Part 1

Hey, hey, all! It's Lakme Fashion Week!

This year is pretty light on the celebs so far but I know we all love looking at pretty pictures!

Babita Malkani Show









Hi, Harman Baweja!

Rocky S Show



It's the divine Bipasha Basu!













I love Rocky S!!!

Sabyasachi Show



Vidya Balan came out to show support!







I'm not feeling the Mary-Kate and Ashley look but if Vidya likes it...

Manish Malhotra Show

(aka our sneak peak at what Bebo will be wearing...)



Urmila wearing... something questionable.



Celina Jaitley!









And for a taste of what the
real fashionistas are wearing, check out some of the street fashion of Lakme at Wearabout:

(a small taste)



Shweta, 21. NIFT Student.

Top- Gangtok somewhere
Leggings – Meerut somewhere
Belt – Aldo
Shoes- Sarojini Nagar Market, Delhi.
Accessories- Colaba somewhere.


SO GO CHECK OUT ALL THE COOL PEOPLE!

4 comments:

ajnabi said...

Oooh, I wants it. ALL of Manish's line would be mine if this world were just.

Liz C said...

That Wear about blog is awesome. I imagined the captions read by a somewhat clueless but delighted older gent--like an Indian Bill Cunningham (NY Times, which made it even more awesome.

Filmi Girl said...

@Liz C Isn't it though?! I'm glad I stumbled across it!

A Mumbai street fashion blog is such a good idea... somebody should run with it!

Manou said...

Thank you Liz C and filmigirl. I am going to run with it.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl