Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bombay Days 4-6

Thank you for coming on my interactive trip to Mumbai!



Here are my brief updates from days 4-6!

I managed to meet up with the fabulous Jugal from
Filmfare and he gave me a quick tour of the offices. Yes, I saw where all the magic happens!

A big thank you to
Jitesh Pillaai and the team for letting me interrupt their work day!

No pictures were allowed in the building - sorry!



And then it was off to coffee with the one and only
Parmesh, who showed me around some very cool art galleries, including Gallery BMB.

The exhibit was called "Her Work is Never Done" and it actually reminded me a lot of
Gretchen's work - lots of bright colors.

Then off to a poety slam hosted by the
Bombay Elektrik Projekt - it was really fun. There was a wide variety of talent from the guys right out of Hollywood central casting (pressed khakees, blue shirts, poems about software) to freestylers and lyric poetry in Urdu and Punjabi.

Very cool stuff!

The next day, I spent the morning at the pool - working on that sunburn - but it was off to
Prithvi Theatre for a showing of "Equus" that night.

And today was more pool time and relaxing!

Sadly, my film set tour fell through but I did have a really fun time here in Mumbai and I definitely know what to do and not to do next time!

If anyone wants to organize a Bollyblog trip to Bombay, I'll be first in line!

9 comments:

cmleigh said...

Thank you so much for sharing your picture blog. It only fuels my desire to visit India one day

ajnabi said...

If you do a Bollyblog tour, I will do whatever it takes to come along. :-)

Filmi Girl said...

Well, if people are interested - I have some great leads for a killer trip next time!

If only I had one more day!! Oh well... :)

shell said...

I can't believe it's over already for you. I can't imagine only going for a week, but I guess you take what you can get. I'm still saving for my trip, but, alas, I need to wait until my 2 1/2 yr old is in school - that's the only way I can go. Argh. So, India 2013 it is! I know it's far away, but if anyone would like to join me then they are more than welcome!!!

I'd love to hear all the nitty gritty details. What not to do has got my attention. Hope there's more post to come. Have a safe trip home.

Anishok said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics and impressions :-)

Hope next time you'll meet Akshay Kumar (sans Twinkle) & Arshad Warsi (sans wife) XD

Michael Barnum said...

Loved the posts from Bombay! What a wonderful time you had!!! One day I hope to get there, but last time I looked plane fare was way out of my price range!!

Bombay Talkies said...

Michael--sometimes buying separate flights works best when you're trying to get something cheap...last time I thought about planning a trip to India I found incredibly cheap DC to London airfare, and another cheap flight from London to Mumbai (nonstop to boot!) Grand total was under $1000 roundtrip. You just have to keep any eye out for specials!

I'm SO game for a trip to India...and so jealous of yours! Looks like you had such a great time!

-Melissa

dink213 said...

Going again this july any one want to join?

Ameya said...

Hopefully you go while i'm living there, then it will give me an excuse to go to Mumbai (my husband isn't big on cities) and then if you want to go somewhere up north, I'll be your go-to gal! :D

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl